Idea: Orbital Unit Dropper

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by zodiusinfuser, August 28, 2015.

1. zodiusinfuser

zodiusinfuser Member

Hi,

I had a team match recently that made me start thinking about a new structure idea for PA, an Orbital Unit Dropper (working title). It is essentially an orbital factory that creates land units in pods that it then drops down to the surface of the planet it's in orbit (think a reverse unit cannon). The idea is that it allows you with just an orbital fabber to build up a land force if for some reason a teleport is not viable. Check out this thread for how the idea came about: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...t-from-orbit-orbital-unit-dropper-idea.70142/

I think this is a really cool idea and was wondering if anyone would be interested in prototyping such a unit, using existing assets, to see if it's remotely viable in the PA engine? I have done 3D modelling in the past on TA (and currently do KSP stuff) so if it turns out it is viable, I'd be eager to work with people to bring a final unit in to the game.

Thanks
  2. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian New Member

I really like this idea. Reminds me very much of ODSTs (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) from Halo.