Idea for spectator mode.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by optica1x, February 5, 2014.

1. optica1x

optica1x Member

Iv found myself a lot of the time just kicking back and chilling watching some games of PA, since i really enjoy watching people slug it out over worlds and smashing the balls of planet at each other.
    I find a times i miss some action, and im aware of chrono cam and its abilities, but is it possible for you to draw the planets out as a traditional flat land of map like you find in most RTS games?
    Reason being is that it would be nice to be able to see the blobs of green vrs black going at each other and zoom in on the action as its about to happen. Do not get me wrong, i enjoy the realism of a planet, but at times i find it a wee lil tad meh that i have to scroll around the planet all the time in search of some action.
    With most trad games you could just click a mini map or see on a mini map when fights are about to break out.
    Now say for instance you was casting a live game of a high pro game, the caster with a tool like this would be able to bring in some good action as and when it happens with out the task of constantly spinning the globe on its axis to find it.
    So a flat lay out of the planets in orbit would make it a perfect tool for finding flights.
    The work on the game your building is amazing and it is coming along fantastic, I am just giving a lil input on something that could be useful for a competitive caster to take advantage of.
    Anyways feel free to share thoughts be it troll for the lol or constructive!
    Many thanks Opticalx.
  2. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Multi-window support showing both sides of a planet at once. Boom.