Idea for all $40 and less backers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by MasterSJT, September 13, 2012.

?

Do you think $40 and less should have something to also show that the backed this game

Poll closed September 23, 2012.
  1. Yes and I agree with your idea

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes but something else

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

I'd like to see a in-game building that all backers could build that would be purely decorative but show off the fact that we were backers. This was just an idea that even the backers that were just putting in $15 would have some in-game proof that they had backed the game. I know most other games give you a title or unique name to show off. If it was a building i think it would be cool if it costs nothing to build and is constructed instantly but has 1hp and only 1 can be built. And maybe it is just a giant thank you sign or maybe a commander standing on some wrecked bots with thanks for your support across the bottom. May be it is asking to much but I think it would be a nice idea. what do other people think about this.

Of coarse this gets added to all tiers and allows even the $40-$15 to show that they contributed

Lets try and get enough votes to show that this is something that is worth putting in
    Last edited: September 13, 2012
  2. rick104547

rick104547 Member

I think something visual for the commander would be better. Something that clearly shows you are a backer.
  3. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

How about a flag or banner flying on a pole wherever you want to put it, only one per commander per game. Player background colour with some kind of backer insignia on it... destructible.
  4. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

yea the flag one also sounds like a good idea but undestroyable can cause blocking issues depending how it is done
  5. simonhawk

simonhawk New Member

I think a skin for the standard commander would be great, like a giant "B" on the chest for the 40$ people (for Beta, like the Alfa commander has a A for alfa) and something else for the 15-20$ tier
  6. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

As with the commander suggestion it may be a bit to simuler to the item at $50 and all paying tiers will end up with this item so it may seem a bit silly to also have something on the commander
  7. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

Do the Alpha testers get a A on there commanders?
  8. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

and to some of those who say no we may not be putting in as much money as some others can but we are still taking a risk with this project. It probable will succeed but there is still a risk involved and I feel we should have something to show that we supported it. I also think a in game building or flag (only build able by backers) will demonstrate this and show a unique change to the classic founder title that a lot of other games give out
  9. acey195

acey195 Member

what about everyone who backs with at least 20$ gets one key to the game, which would be a discount compared to when it will come out...

o... wait...

I suggest backing with 50$ if you want something extra.
  10. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

If they wanted it cheap they could just withdraw there money now and just wait till its been out for a while. I don't think that's the point i just want to see some thing that we can show off that shows we took the risk and we believed in the game
  11. mansen

mansen New Member

4th poll option - "They already receive something"
  12. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

probable comes under the no catagory
  13. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

maybe i shouldn't of put so much on the money. Its really just something for the majority to show that they contributed
  14. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

I mainly feel that the $20 backers are getting a discount for being trusting and providing money in advance, since the game will almost certainly cost more than $20 at launch. If you really want to be a backer and not just an early buyer, go up to the $50 tier.

As for saving money by waiting until the game drops in price: Then you're saving money by not playing the game for the first year or so after release. That's what you get in exchange for paying less.

tl;dr The reward $20 backers get is the discount
  15. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Also, there's the "Exclusive PA Asteroid Pin flair item for Super Monday Night Combat (SMNC)" and the exclusive wallpaper that $20 backers get. Though admittedly those aren't in-game for PA.
  16. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

i know what you are saying. i just want something to show among all the people who get it later that we backed the project at the moment we get the game but after the first week we will be the same as all the other players
  17. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

Pretty much.
  18. MasterSJT

MasterSJT New Member

dont u think that is wrong what if all the stuff you got came out as DLC later on. Try and put yourself in there shoes wouldn't you want somthing to remember that you were there at the beginning. i personal can't donate any more because of a bad experiences within the famaliy in the past so i am unable to put in any more in but i still want to recognised down the line that i helped out
  19. giantsnark

giantsnark Member

I wouldn't be all that unhappy unless it was free DLC. If they have to pay as much or more than I did to get them, I don't mind. It would be odd though, since it changes the meaning of the "Progenitor" and "Alpha" commanders, since those imply "early" and "alpha-stage" involvement, respectively.

And look at it this way: There are more people in the $50 tier than the $40 tier. There are plenty of beta-access people who think that the Progenitor commander was worth an extra $10 contributed to the game. But the people who don't care? They can save $10.

The group of people you're referring to ($20 and $15 backers) aren't interested in paying an extra $20 to get beta access, or they would have done it. If they aren't even going to be beta testers in exchange for giving $20 more in support, how much did they really care about being involved early? Less than that $20 is worth to them, obviously. The $20 backers are basically getting discounted preorders, and a few bits of "I'm a backer" flair (the wallpaper and the SMBC in-game cosmetic items).

How much is $30 to you? Is your budget badly constrained? Because adding that to a $20 pledge would get you beta access and the Progenitor commander. It seems that if you really care about this project that much but can't afford the extra $30, you must be having a really tight time with money. And if that's the case, I wouldn't at all want to pressure anyone into spending money they need for more important things.
  20. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

The $40 and below tiers are basically preorders. If you want to be considered a 'backer', you should at least pay over the probable retail price.