[IDEA] Boat transport

Discussion in 'Support!' started by carn1x, September 28, 2013.

1. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

While I'm not suggesting that boats in general should be easily transported, I was thinking of something to reduce the waste that might occur when a planet has a number of large bodies of water and there's currently no method to transfer ships between them.

Some ideas here would be a very expensive and slow air transport. The benefit here would be the ability to ferry once it's built to easily but possibly slowly migrate a fleet to another sea.

An alternative to this might be a crane structure with limited range, which could also set up a ferry point. This would be further restricted in that it would really only be useful for construction on an Isthmus (TIL).
    Last edited: September 28, 2013
  2. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

They have talked about a boat transport. Naval isn't finished yet, so there is good hope that we will have something.
  3. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Oh they have? Awesome. Although I would assume the words "Boat Transport" more likely to refer to a boat which can transport units, rather than a unit which can transport boats :)
  4. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Yeah im almost certain they are going to make a sea or air transport (not the astreus since that is orbital and can only carry tiny amounts of units) But a example is on a size 5 planet i had a huge bot army against 3 AI and i didn't account for them not being able to cross a tiny ocean -_-
  5. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Ok, so I'm suggesting the opposite of a sea unit which can transport land units. I'm suggesting a structure / air unit which can help sea units jump across land.

Obviously a 3rd option here would be to copy the Salem-class Destroyers from SupCom which could sprout legs and walk (slowly) across land.