I will not buy this game until bullet registration is fixed

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by LedZeppelin, August 19, 2010.

1. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

I've been following the production of this game for months, and have been pumped to buy it. However, I had planned to go on a road trip from the 12th to the 16th or this month for a few Phish shows, so I decided to wait to buy the game until I got back home.

The first thing I did when I got home was check out the reviews of MNC. Since it had been out for a few days, I figured there would be a few good tips and what not. Well, I stumbled across a forum site that had a pretty large section dedicated to how bad the bullet registration in the game is, and that you could literally see bullets fly off your opponents at certian distances.

This is a big problem. Poor bullet registration has killed games (cough, Halo 3, cough), and I refuse to spend any money on another game with these problems. It makes the game no fun. This needs to be patched immediatley.
  2. SYN Reaper55729

SYN Reaper55729 New Member

bullshit, its lag, and your just turrible
  3. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

There is nothing wrong with bullet registration. The only problem with that would be lag which doesn't happen that much. Play it before you knock it. (They give you 30 minutes of online play with the Trail.)
  4. razman360

razman360 Member

It's a lag issue that only occurs with poor connection to the host. The dev are aware of it and u can bet it will be soon fixed :) I saw a trailer and a short gameplay video and, with some encouragement from a friend, i bought the game. I haven't looked back since :) go for it ;D
  5. razman360

razman360 Member

Ledzeppelin, i suggest deleting one of the two identicle threads I've made :) and like I said before, lag and being seen to ;P
  6. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

I've always thought of my connection as being so-so at best, and I rarely encounter any significant lag.
  7. TotesMcGotes

TotesMcGotes New Member

stopped reading when i found out you haven't played the game
  8. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

* Merged double post.

On the topic of bullet registration, I've personally been petitioning the MNC Board of Projectile Registration to reduce the paperwork involved. There's only so much AI we can put in to each bullet, and most of it is used to fill out all the forms the BoPR requires for bullets to do damage. Often times it seems they slack off a bit and are slow to process the applications, so the bullets are getting destroyed before they're given approval to do damage to the clones.
  9. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

this is just a classic case of "poor management".

what kind of incentive are you providing these bullets to hit their target? i tenderly kiss each bullet before pressing it into the chamber and taking off another head, and have never had an issue.

(I also keep a squirt bottle of Tabasco sauce in case they decide to act up.)
  10. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Buy a new internet provider.. LOL dont blame the game
  11. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I find that:

-Sniper's rifle is clent side hit, I don't have to aim ahead and can still get headshots with half a second of lag.

-Assault's rifle can sometimes hit a moving target but do no damage (for what I know, no health bar appears) due to the other player moving and internet lag/ping, usually effects assault, sniper smg, support shotgun and the gunner, can get rather annoying.

-Projectile weapons delay but that's usually the same in all games online unless the projectile is set to show up client side first. The rail gun shows up instantly like bullets but takes time to hit, can look like you are shooting straight but actually missing your target.

The only fix I can think of is to make all weapons client side first, no lag on your guns then! but it will then confuse people who shoot first but die also, like a double kill on each other aka halo 3 when two spartans melee each other to death.

No internet provider is going to give you good ping when you live in one area yet the match has a host from another region over the ocean, which happens all too often in peer 2 peer games.