I think people are...

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by firezone38, August 19, 2015.

1. firezone38

firezone38 New Member

I think people are upset because the expansion includes the base game and because of that it gives the game a $40 price tag. But if there were two options, expansion without base game for people who already own the game for $20 and then standalone expansion with base game for people who don't already own the base game for $40. I think that would solve a lot of the problems.

I mean there are other issues, but I think this would help.

Firezone38
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

If you own the game then update the game and sign in , the expansion is offered to you with a 66% discount on the main menu and in the armoury.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's exactly what they did, but to keep everybody using the same version they just set it up as a discount to people that already own PA.
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. firezone38

firezone38 New Member

Well at the moment I don't have money to spend on it and I won't have any till after that time, so for me I feel like I will miss out on this deal.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You have until October 18th.
  6. firezone38

firezone38 New Member

What I am saying is that I have money, but not money to be able to spend on it. I won't probably until November. That is why I am saying I feel like I am going to miss out.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  7. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why the discout is limited in time. Titans is not a new game, but more the kind of update Sins of a Solar Empire did with entrenchment, although with a bit more content: News units and features that do expand over the original scope of the game, covering a number of shortcomings of vanilla.

Asking for $36 from owners of the original is a hard sell, especially in the current market. At it's core the whole thing will just feel like someone is asking you two pay two times for the basic games content.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Jables answered that in another thread.
  9. Matster

Matster Active Member

I agree this would solve everything. I personally too won't be financially able to buy this game before the time that the discount runs out so would really appriciate something like that + it would solve the problem with steam not allowing permanent discount as explained by Jables.
  10. eeyrjmr

eeyrjmr Member

I was a bit surprised to see this expansion. It hasn't even been a year since PA was launched (5th Sept 2015). Not as bad as EA with BF2 with a launch June 2005 and boosterpack Nov 2005 (this ... ripped my BF clan apart...)

I was slightly annoyed that as an alpha backer (at $60 all to add support for a great linux game while being reluctant while it was a kickstart...) that it was £30 but the -66% was a sweetener.

As long as this does not tear apart the scene so be it, Uber need to make a living & keep the servers running.
    cdrkf and Gorbles like this.
  11. X39

X39 New Member

people are not upset because it contains the base game (nobody cares about it)
    people are upset because kickstarter backers got it for free

read through the steam forums (and ignore the usual blabla about the game is not even finished) and you will fast see that

also im one of those guys thus can tell you for sure that the "people" are upset because of that **** as the freeForKickstarter makes it feeling like some weirdo cashgrab action
  12. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

This can't be right that is the full price.
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  13. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

People upset? Srsly? New lows have been made: http://steamcommunity.com/app/386070/discussions/0/521643320348719947/
  14. X39

X39 New Member

... you should have read the brackets
    stupids are everywhere and most of the time some 12er kids who just read it in the internet and want to feel strong by reposting that **** as they found something to hate now
  15. temeter

That's when the timed discount runs out. Or am I missing some info?
  16. probodobodyne

Well they have good reasons for not making it permament. Chances are anyone who didn't hear about it and come to buy it is never coming back to PA anyway.
  17. temeter

That's a potential thing that might happen. Maybe someone also just missed the memo and comes back later, after the discount is gone. Doesn't he deserve it because he didn't constantly follow the games news?

I took longer brakes myself, and would've paid for the dlc. Only saw the news on a games website i frequent.
  18. probodobodyne

The same happened to me, so I guess life finds a way? :p
    temeter likes this.
  19. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

<< is poor
  20. varothegod

varothegod New Member