I miss the old maps

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by slocke, February 11, 2015.

1. slocke

slocke Active Member

I miss maps that were made before symmetrical mapping was introduced. Those maps were a lot more enjoyable and fun to play on. Symmetrical maps just don't feel as organic like the old maps did.
    zweistein000, theseeker2 and Planktum like this.
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

The old random map generator will be reintroduced soon, Uber wanted to overhaul it a bit. In the meantime, download the community map pack. There are some awesome maps in there! Personally I only play custom maps as I found the old maps terribly boring.
    zihuatanejo and Bsport like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the old maps were bland and boring. But you can make them in the system editor, can't you?
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

The old maps where definitly the most fun. I can't wait till we get a classic 1v1 moon again.
  5. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

Yes, I'm also looking forward getting random maps back. Much more appealing than playing the same maps over and over again. But I'm still hoping that they are going to pimp it so it will feature even amount of metal in the spawn areas and some more controlled csg placement like in the AoE2 random map script.

A moon with random spawns (but balanced number of metal spots next to each spawn) would be an awesome classics for the ranked matches. The moment of putting down the radar and seeing the other player next door was pretty epic.
  6. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

You mean the old prescribed maps, right?

Cause the System Editor allows you to quite easily make non-symmetrical procedural maps.
  7. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I rather miss not knowing where your opponent had spawned, that's the key thing for me! I wish there was a way to edit the planet upon random spawn i nsuch a way that you each get a certain number of mex near your spawn. I think that would be particularly interesting.

Remember when he had to scout the planet to figure out where the enemy was?! :p
    sebovzeoueb likes this.