I like bacon can I join your team?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by spunkify, August 6, 2010.

1. spunkify

spunkify New Member

Hello there Uber dudes (c wat I did there?) I am called by the name of Spunkify (short for steam punk not that other thing your thinking of) and I recently sent my resume to you guys because I to feel there needs to be a game with loads of bacon on the market atm.

Now I know your not advertising for any positions atm but I did want to just make you aware of my entry to your job email and to let you know I am ready to help spread our love for good moba genre games and bacon to all those who have a willing ear to listen.

Plus lucky for you I have previous exp!!!1!1!

Please let me know if you need more bacon love there in your office I am 6 foot 6 and sure need to pack on a few more pounds. Bacon sounds like the way to do it

Sincerely,

Spunkify

Bacon
  2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

What are your skills? What kind of position are you looking to get into?

Is eating bacon your only skill?...
  3. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Very odd pitch you got going there Spunkify......
  4. spunkify

spunkify New Member

Im experienced in community relations and technical writing. Ive developed videos and content both officially and unofficially for 2 moba projects, one which is quite famous (League of Legends). On top of writing their official newbie guide they use on their website I also run the number one community youtube channel dedicated to League of Legends. We currently are sitting on about 4.5k subs and coming up to a million original video views.

I was looking at Uber's video content as well as the current community involvement on the forums and I thought with the release in only 4 days or so they are certainly going to need more involvement in these two sectors which is where I feel I can help.
    Last edited: August 6, 2010
  5. spunkify

spunkify New Member

My pitch on the forums vs my pitch in my actual cover letter and resume are quite different. Ive always had the mindset that forums, while serious at times are easier to engage with when they have a lighter atmosphere.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Sorry Spunkify, we're still not hiring right now.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Unfortunately we don't have any open positions at the moment. We really are an ultra small company at this point.
  8. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Fair enough, although the devs that post here are a little more professional in their dealings with the forum-goers. And I certainly don't want to seem unprudent, but I think the devs do a great job staying involved with community and have faith that they will continue to do so.

I personally hope that they stay small enough that they can retain this level of "intimacy" with their fans. I love getting my questions answered by the people who make the decisions and do the work they discuss versus some PR puppet who can only relay information.

I'm sure you're great at what you do, but Uber seems to have things under control. I can't exactly blame you for trying tho. Working for a dev house like Uber would be any gamer's dream!

EDIT: To avoid another double post:
    I love the small type. No one seemed to notice my last use of it. I think most mistook it as an elipsis.
    Last edited: August 6, 2010
  9. spunkify

spunkify New Member

I can understand that. Perhaps in the future if the game takes off you will have the chance to expand some ala how RIOT did.
  10. spunkify

spunkify New Member

Oh no im not saying they dont have things under control but you have to keep in mind right now the game has yet to be released and as such their is only a fraction of the forum activity that one might expect come launch. On top of that if the team has a successful title (which by the looks of it seems very much so) then the amount of community management that needs to happen starts to grow exponentially.

Keeping the company small is a good way to easily stay in touch with the community, I agree but you can still expand to meet the growing popularity and still remain in touch. A good example of this is RIOT Games whose title has now surpassed the 3 million player mark in less than a year. Yet day by day you see a level of interaction with the community that you would not expect from a company growing as rapidly as they are.

I think when I started in their community they had around 30 or so employees but now they have over 100. They hired 70 new employees in less than a year! Yet I still feel they are the same as when they were just starting out.
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

To put it in perspective I think we have 16 people here now. There is no way we would grow to anywhere near 100 people in the next year or two.

I don't see any reason why all of us can't continue to participate in the forum post launch. Yes there will be more third party posts but we'll still be around.
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Haha hey Spunkify! I recognize you from LoL :D

My IGN: SofaKingAwsome
  13. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

On a side note, continue to love bacon and Monday Night Combat :D
  14. spunkify

spunkify New Member

Yeah I was just giving statistics on their growth but one could assume growth is in order if you guys succeed with the title and if so my resume is residing in your inbox ;)

Hehe I thought that was you! Sofa has seen some of my work :)
  15. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

You probably didn't get the job because you didn't love bacon enough, Uber employees are very serious when it comes to bacon.
  16. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

He, I thought I recognized that name from somewhere, your also a admin right?
  17. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

AFAIK hes just an Adjudicator for LoL.
  18. X tweaker IGC

X tweaker IGC New Member

since when did LoL become WoW
  19. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

what?
  20. X tweaker IGC

X tweaker IGC New Member

because every1 plays LoL when that use to be WoW that was all the news