I know it's too early for a new gamemode, but...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by MoButtah, March 13, 2011.

1. MoButtah

MoButtah New Member

I was thinking maybe a more balanced version of the Assault Gamemode in Halo.

One team would start out defending their moneyball, and one attacking. The defending team would obviously have the upper hand in the situation due to the map's construction, and it would be the offending team's responsibility to break the castle walls and take down the moneyball. When the offending team takes it down, the round restarts with the teams switched. The team that took down the moneyball faster wins after the 2 rounds. Instead of a time cap, the opposing team's bots slowly get more numerous and powerful, eventually making it impossible to defend.

To me, this would be a good alternative to crossfire, and a balanced team-based spinoff of Blitz.

Good idea for an inappropriate time? Bad idea for a bad time?
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7700

This is something I liked. Unique idea for a game mode, something interesting and no doubt deep gameplay involved. Needs to be tweaked slightly to work, but would be an awesome mode. May consider making a mod like this if it isn't done otherwise.
  3. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

each team has a briefcase containing bacon, and the your team has to get the other team's bacon breifcase, pick it up and take it back to their spawn. once the enemy bacon breifcase is in the spawn, you bring your own bacon breifcase back to your spawn to win! whoever is holding the bacon breifcase cannot go into their own spawn room, and if the bacon breifcase falls off the map the other team wins. no bot lanes, but turrets and jackbots would still come out on cycles and run rampant round the map, and you would still be able to spawn bots.
  4. forumsucks

forumsucks New Member

They have enough to worry about right now
  5. MoButtah

MoButtah New Member

Oh hey look, someone's acting like I didn't acknowledge the fact that they aren't completely in the position to make new game mo- oh wait.
  6. forumsucks

forumsucks New Member

Just answering your question... or does a question mark mean something else now?
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Debateable.

If they started working on a new game mode tomorrow, by time they finish it and considering it is compatable with current maps, it would add to the game's play value 2-fold...

...instead of taking the same time to make 2-3 maps that wouldn't quite double the gameplay.

However, if they continue expanding maps and such, then when they do make a new game mode, it will be all the better then. Thus, debateable.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Is it about kittens?
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

No. It's about a new game mode.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

A new game mode involving kittens?

Hope whatever it is, that they work on it soon (after xbox update of course).

So much to do, so little time. Tsk tsk.
  12. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Its a good game mode but has already been done before. Rush on bad company has the same game mode, its fun but the only problem with that was that on some maps defending/attacking always granted a win because of the map layout.

So say if spunky came up and you were defending you would know you pretty much had already won, that kind of problem. I would like to see this game mode as some players are better at attacking/ defense and so on.