I don't understand how this game is playable

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Liefglinde, February 22, 2011.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I really don't. Let me make a quick list of issues.

360 controller - basically unusable. The screen movements are so incredibly jerky that half the time I can't even tell what I'm doing. Skills sometimes DO NOT work at all. For example, as an Assassin, I have to press dash about 5 times to use it at all. Skill pick problems make it hard to upgrade red skill.

LAG - So much unbelievable lag in this game. What is everyone else doing right that I am not? I cannot jump over a slam because I get slammed away even at the height of my jump. I cannot lunge grapple. Face grapples turn into back grapples with much more frequency than on the 360.

While the two may sound like minor problems, combined they make this game unplayable. I realize that the use of the 360 controller needs adjustments, but what am I doing wrong to be getting this much lag? Almost everyone who plays both the 360 and PC say there is much less lag on the PC. I don't see it.
  2. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Could be your PC. Specs?
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Isn't that a good thing? ;) :D

When I played it was still in Beta and on a PC that barely met the specs. I played a few full rooms with a ping of 200+ and I had little to no lag and I am on a DSL modem.

Hostile Paradox is another day one XBox player and from what I hear he isn't having any problem with the XBox controller except for the Red skill thing. Also there is HeavensNight (Knight?) aka Liberty or Ruin and from what I gather he has no problems at all using his XBox controller.
  4. Providence

Providence New Member

Try mouse/kb and see if there's still lag.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

make sure you turn off vsync

it should only be adding a tiny amount of lag, but it's worth a try

are you joining servers with <100 ping?
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Windows 7 64 bit
    Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    DirectX 11
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

The lag is still there. The screen movements are much smoother though.

Yep. Typically I'll join servers with 50-60 ping.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

what kind of lag is it?

is it input lag, where your movement and aim don't keep up with what you're trying to do? With a mouse, input lag would feel like you're dragging your aim around, rather than having direct control

or is it network lag, where the assassin lunge goes to hell, shots don't connect, etc?
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Both, but the network lag is much worse.

When using the controller, if I try to turn right, the movement may take up to about half a second after the input.

As far as network, lunges never connect, half the time they don't even go the full distance, grapples fail from point blank range, and I might as well be throwing cookies instead of shuriken.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hmm, your hardware should have no problems running MNC. There are a few things I can think of:
    - antivirus/firewall: disable it for testing purposes and play some Blitz
    - ping spiking: http://www.pingtest.net/
    - driver issues: unplug and disable your controller in the system settings

And you might want to get Fraps and leave the Task Manager open while playing. Check how much resources MNC eats up and how your FPS are.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Was that multi-core you said?

Try going to task manager while game is open, go to processes, go to MNC or whatever process it is, and try to right click and change the "Affinity" to run on only 1 core.

Sometimes, computers have trouble running some things on multiple cores. They conflict with each other and work on the one task slower than one would by itself.

If your ping is good, then I doubt it can be connection issues. Instead, it would have to be a port problem or something.
  11. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

[​IMG]
    And i go onto 200-300 ping severs.
  12. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

everything for me works perfectly even when i record with fraps at fullscreen. my only issue is that there is no way for me to config the xbox buttons to swap the jump and toggleweapon command...its a huge disadvantage against those that can jumpjet and aim on the kb/m yet i cant setup my controllers to do so.

check to see what of that 4gb of ram is free while the game is running because it sounds like you are running out of usable memory.
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

14. Dead Meat

Dead Meat New Member

Try changing your Display to a lower resolution in the game. My computer screen is 1920 by 1080 but when I use that in the game, the graphics is messed up and a lot of what you say happens, happens to me. I set mine to a 720p setting and it works much MUCH better.
  15. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

and of course try turning down the other graphics options, especially shadows