I don't think I can play this game without a party anymore

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by F5in, December 4, 2010.

1. F5in

F5in New Member

I think out of all the time I've spent playing this game, I've been put on the good team less than 10 times. That is absolutely ****ing pathetic. It honestly astounds me how ****ing retarded some people can be, and I always get stuck with these god damn retards. I'm sick of it. Sometimes I think in my head "Where... the ****... is my team?". (I'll give an example of how bad some people are. I join a session, it's pretty even, I'm sniping, actually doing really beast at getting headshots somehow without ice traps, and there are THREE supports in my base. OUR TURRETS SOMEHOW GET BLOWN UP. I DON'T UNDERSTAND, DO THEY HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE? Anyway, I end up going 40-10 without ice traps, about 30 kills were from freelance headshots and the rest were form other things) I probably won't be playing without a party or at least 2 more people from now on, and I'm sure there are some people who understand where I'm coming from.

[/rage]
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

yeah. i wish people learned how to play better faster. i mean, in C&C Renegade, most people understood basic fundamentals of repairing the base or controlling areas of the field.

more competitive enemys, more competitive allies, more fun.
  3. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Bunny hop spinning time
  4. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Someone should party up with you, be support, AND ONLY BUILD LONGSHOTS :twisted:
  5. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Suggestion: Instead of not using ice traps, upgrade ice traps and place them around the turrets in your base, then head off to where ever it is you snipe from. Replace the traps every time you spawn. The supports don't really have reliable ways of dealing with juiced assassins unless they upgrade to passive 3 and are wearing armor. Ice traps would help them out a ton, even if you were choosing not to use them (which I admire btw).

Your point about retarded people stands though. :)
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

agreed. i can understand a level 50 running from a juiced support, but when that gunner builds 6 ice turrets around the base, i say screw it, at which point i try to spend as much time on the enemy spawn ring without dealing any damage to anyone.
    (record is 0/0/0 in about a 7 minute match)
  7. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Well have fun doing your part in ruining the community. :lol:
  8. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

The ruined community is why Manouso doesn't play anymore.
  9. Organous

Organous Member

Playing in random pubs, I never have any faith in my potential teammates unless I recognize the names. I also promptly avoid any player who dies at least 10 times to me in one match. Usually, if my team is a bunch of idiots, I simply work with Assassin and don't allow myself to be spawn-camped. With the other team's attention on spawn-camping my other players, I proceed to destroy any bots they've got coming.
  10. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Lol nah my gold ran out, but now...
    [​IMG]
  11. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Alright! Looking forward to headcrab you. :)
  12. rhineville

rhineville Member

Losing a game doesn't make me rage, but losing it with completely inept teammates does. There's a real problem now with gunners deploying a mile away from anything and staying there to do nothing/get killed. Seriously, you don't really need to deploy versus bots, you should see that you're doing terrible damage at range with the minigun, and why are you still in the base when we're pushing in the middle?! It's extremely rare that I find a halfway competent gunner in any random game. Either they're drooling all over their armor or they're on the other team.
  13. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Most of the time I see support running around but not hacking turrets, their extra range and fire rate can really help yet they are more interested in babysitting their firebase in a lone corner, I find they work best for sneaky attacks while you do something else like heal your team or hack.
  14. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I don't think I can play without a party any more. Every time I go off sniping, ignore my base, don't notice it's getting destroyed, don't throw down any defensive traps, and don't buy any turrets, we end up losing. Stupid teammates.
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

The only reason I wasn't using ice traps is because I didn't really need to. I'm not sure if it was luck or connection or I somehow got good at sniping (which I doubt. I got a LOT of first shot headshots on moving targets though and even got a triple without traps, almost a round the horn :() but I was destroying their team. I'm pretty sure a sniper kept sniping the turrets, and the three supports were literally just standing around the moneyball doing nothing. None of the enemies had juice (except one time where he got stuck in an ice trap and I killed him, musta been pissed). I wish I was recording... god damn I never record my good games, like this: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/ ... 000941.jpg
    I was near my base almost all match trying to sniper people (every now and then I'd push if I could manage to single-handedly kill everyone on a side, which actually did happen a few times) but it was too hard to keep a side. Yeah, there was no juice rushing on the other team, that's why I was so confused and enraged that our turrets kept disappearing.

Yeah you're bad at trolling, but I'll reply anyway just because I'm bored. I was sniping from my base most of the time, I was hardly ignoring it. If I was ignoring it I wouldn't have even noticed the turrets being destroyed. Yeah, I didn't throw any traps because the enemies weren't even coming close and there were THREE (again, THREE) supports in my base, pretty sure that could outheal a triple mortar. Also, I re-bought turrets EVERY. SINGLE. TIME, and it was ******* annoying as ****. It was definitely my teams fault that we lost, quit being a dumbass.
  16. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Hehe, I wasn't trolling, from the details you provided that was how your post sounded to me. I apologise.

I play solo pretty much all the time and clueless teammates means you're screwed whatever you do, if your opponents know what they're doing and are relentlessly pushing lanes and taking out turrets. I often fall back to help defend but playing too defensively means you're just putting off the inevitable.

When I find myself in games like that I normally accept the coming loss and try and take out as many of the enemy as I can, or try and sneak around and take out their bots and turrets while they're distracted. Sometimes games can turn around if you clear a lane and get back to help at base before the ball is downed.

In fairness to the supports, the class took a huge nerf with the DLC so people may well be adapting to the changes. Not that that's an excuse for not healing a turret that's being attacked. They were probably just idiots.
  17. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

If everything you said was true, then...

Damn, that sucks.

:(

Time to party up! :D
  18. Einarath

Einarath New Member

That's what is great about being an Assassin. You can be one step away from being everywhere at once if you know what you're doing. Carrying your team is a lot easier that way.

:lol:

But yeah, I was finding that it was getting ridiculous for a while there, but since the DLC, I've found public matches way better. I don't only play against groups now, and even when I do, I find that for some reason they're not nearly as good. Maybe just a lot of people coming back and having forgotten how to play?

Whatever the case, just played a horde of randoms this morning by myself, and rocked it hardcore, despite being almost constantly paired with very (apparently) confused lvl 20s (one of which I watched consistantly running into the enemy's base attempting to shotgun down rocket turrets and gunners causing me to facepalm and pleasantly suggest into the mic that he stop killing himself).
  19. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Stupidly suicidal teammates are so common since the DLC. Three or four teammates with figures somewhere around 3 kills and 20+ deaths. The team would actually be better without them for the amount of money they're gifting to the enemy.
  20. badmonk

badmonk New Member

lol some of you take this game wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously!
    its a GAME....play for fun and win some, lose some!
    ok i have been in some matches where my entire team is running around like headless chickens without a clue on how to play but i still enjoy it and if we lost bad @ least 5 times in a row i just look for another game!