I don't post much but please...

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by robtotheb, April 6, 2015.

1. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

REMOVE OR NERF BOOM BOTS FROM THE F******* GAME!!!!!

They are way way way too easy to rush with and far far too powerful against the commander in early game.

That is all.
    mjshorty likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Do you even dox?

It's not hard to shut booms down.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Booms are powerful if you expand with your com unprotected sure, however they're so easy to kill, you just need rapid fire stuff near by.

As Stuart says dox counter them easily. Also infernos are almost invincible to booms. If your com is on his own then a couple of single laser towers with a wall segment in front of each + your coms weapon can see off lots of them.

Even a reasonably blob of bolos counter bombs fine (with tanks you need numbers, once you get to a certain point there are enough to shoot any number of booms thanks to range and fact booms only take one hit).

I agree they can be frustrating, but they aren't that strong when you know how to handle them.
  4. nateious

nateious Active Member

Double the rate of fire of the SLT, halve it's damage to keep DPS the same. Increase the turret turn speed. Bam, instant anti-swarm tower and now the SLT is useful.
    Bgrmystr2, MrTBSC and cdrkf like this.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

At the risk of sounding like a troll, I'm going to say........ How about no.

If you countered properly with dox or inernos then you wouldn't have any issues against booms. If you don't counter them properly then don't get mad if people like me boom the crap out of you.
    klavohunter likes this.
  6. klavohunter

klavohunter Member

Use your DGun and blast entire swarms with one shot every 4 seconds.
    Nicb1 likes this.