I don't know if you've noticed or not...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, January 11, 2014.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

So, they sold away the possibility to add awesomeness to the game for everyone and cash in more millions, in change of just a bunch of thousands? F*cking capitalism...
  2. hohopo

hohopo Member

I really hope that's sarcastic, There will be plenty of awesomeness in the game (already is :))
    As a kickstarter funded game they had to have a reason for people to pledge more, a SKIN for peoples commander seems like a fair deal to me, even more when we know we are going to get a heap of awsome commanders ourselves...
  3. Devak

Devak Post Master General

i am pretty sure that modding in your own custom commanders won't be *that* hard, but only works on your own server. If we have particularly capable modders, it won't be long before there's a custom commander loader or extended unit database that tons of people can download to expand the unit art sets. At which point it's basically the same.

If you want eternal PA fame, be the first to do it :p
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Considering the level of detail that the delta is supposed to have, making personal commanders for everyone would be ludicrousness.
  5. carlorizzante

I don't know those things. I entered later via a purchase on Steam.

But I do believe that smart people find a way to finance projects for opening up possibilities for many, not for closing opportunities for mere themselves. But here I'm going way off topic. In the end it's just a game.

And sure, it's an already fracking awesome game. Can't complain about that ;)
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

actually i think he meant allowing everyone to have a personalized commander. not actually making them, just allowing it.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

91 people backed the game for "We create a custom unique commander just for you, that only you can play! Working with you, we'll design and conceive of the ideal commander to best represent you on the field of battle. You send us some source inspiration and we’ll make it look cool." - Kick starter page

So yeah those people will have custom commanders that only they can use. My Q is can we use any weapon on any com or when we pick a skin can we then pick the weapon?
    iceDrop likes this.
  8. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

After the "pay-to-win" custom commander bun fight it was stated all gameplay affecting combos will be available regardless of backer level etc.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Any chance that we may get a wingcommander ;) ...
  10. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Oh, you're one of those! I see.

Seriously though, welcome to the game and please leave your price bitching at the door. :)
  11. carlorizzante

Aha, I used to dislike Steam, but lately I had to admit that it is quite useful and promotesalpha and beta early accesses quite effectively.

And I've never bitched about prices. I do think what I paid was fair enough. If it's good for Uber Ent. it's good for me. Plus I love the game already. Win/win.

If someone wanted to pledge more, then they're welcome.

Just I hope I don't have to download 91 Commander variants that I'll likely never seen.

Unless it's the Hello Kitty Commander, of course.
  12. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about that, the entire PA directory is currently only 1.4GB and I doubt it will get much bigger. Each commander is around the 3MB mark. :)

As for my Steam reference, the reason is that the PA Steam forums have been notorious for an utter clusterfuck of constant whinging about pricing by people who are very hard of understanding.
  13. carlorizzante

Well, so I will surprise you bitchin' about the 273 Mb that I will have to download for those 91 folks.

Kidding. Perhaps I will just delete those files. Who knows.

Anyway, obviously who ships the game can do what so ever they want and a quick math tells me that they got almost 1 million out of the Custom Commanders Operation. Not bad at all! Without that budget I wouldn't probably be able to play PA on my Mac. So...

But still, it would have been so cool to have the possibility to design your personal commander using a set of modules built in in the game, so that each player could have an unique commander variation also visible to others online.

That would have been a brilliant design. Specially 'cos the Commander is so important in PA. Like the King for the Chess.
    carcinoma and abubaba like this.
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You might want to check your math, from what I recall off hand it can't be more than 140,000$, give or take, that they got from those getting Custom commanders, and that is BY FAR outclassed by every lower pledge level I believe.

PA would have still at least doubled its original goal even if they didn't do the 1k, 5k and 10k Pledge Reward levels.

Mike
    carlorizzante likes this.
  15. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

That would've been great.. then it could have been so that you would only get more modules from your defeated opponents. ;)
    carcinoma and carlorizzante like this.
  16. carlorizzante

Really?! So screw those people! ...aha, I'm not being serious. Of course thanks to any bit that is making this game possible. I mean it.
  17. carlorizzante

Awesome idea!

You should write about it to the Devs. One never knows... might be possible.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

So... Um... What's the deal with the coms? Can we get some word from Uber as to who gets the new ones in the OP?
  19. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Using this tank commander mod insta crashes my game when the com starts nanolathing in 61250
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Don't use it then. ;)

No need in the latest build.
    maxpowerz likes this.