I Don't Know About You Guys But...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by JON10395, February 7, 2012.

1. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm starting to appreciate the fact that we were left with a somewhat broken game. Think about it... Spawn strikes, invisible grapples, silent strikes, all those wtf moments that just make you laugh to yourself. That's part of what keeps me coming back.

Would you seriously still be playing MNC if we had the same game the PC players got? I wouldn't.
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

If it was the exact same as the pc, maybe. No overtime if anyone's ball goes down is bad, but little juice from meleeing bots is big. Glitches would get fixed as well.
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

No clawing, Lowered effects of Armor on light classes, longer Bomb cool down, Moneyball health equivalent of a SlimBot ... Chickey Cantor. :|
    Agreed.
    FVCK THAT! I LOVE THE GLITCHES! It really adds to the appeal for some reason. If this game was the same as PC, most matches would be way too much like the previous and it would get stale very fast.
  4. choiio

choiio New Member

Jon is right, I thought about this and I realized I really dont want a patch, I would love some new maps, but keep everything the same.
  5. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

It really isn't until you've played this game for the longest while that you realize just how "bad" it is. If you think about it, it really is quite unbalanced, with a single good assassin or assault being able to quite literally control a match. There's also the glitches and the horrible butchering of the Tank's jetgun and the Assassin's dash in an offhost environment, as well as an endorsement system in which 2 endorsements rule over all.

But it is so fun that you stop giving a ****, and just play it.
  6. gunked

gunked New Member

well you cant complain about endorsements cause SMNC has 25 of those. The game is still fun btw
  7. choiio

choiio New Member

Dont listen to him, he is retired we are now in the post-gunked era.
  8. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Dont listen to him, he is retired we are now in the post-choiio era.
  9. gunked

gunked New Member

hey can only retire if he was good :eek:

Pub Assault on the other hand was inducted into the hall of fame before he even played the game
  10. joker

joker Active Member

i just enjoy the competition. pubbing and dumb funny stuff is entertaining but it still wears on me quick. the only thing im glad we didnt get that wouldve bothered me is tullys funland. that map makes my fvcking skin crawl
  11. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

Limiting juice purchases per player is one thing I think would benefit the game, at least in public matches. Better players will still dominate the game, but not to the point where just about every single match is one-sided and broken. It isn't very fun to join 3 to 4 games mid-way (in a row) where your team is running around like headless chickens, helping the opposing team juice every 30 seconds and camp the spawn area.

New players can be just completely and utterly overwhelmed sometimes with how poor the balance can be. If I was a new player and during my first 5 games and in each of my first 5 matches I was killed 15 plus times just as I left the spawn area, I don't think I would stick around. It's just not fun.

As much as I love this game--I play it almost every day and I don't even like shooting games--I admit that this game sometimes feel broken, unfair, and even pointless.
  12. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

When you see players getting hooked on juice and camping the spawn ring - tell them to hold back to avoid the noobs being scared off forever. I have to calm down a couple of players who join off me from time to time, they don't always listen but sometimes it works.
  13. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

It's worse when you have veteran players doing those sort of things. Shouldn't they know better?
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I've just been lv 3 charging to railgun grapple recently. It's quite fun, and if you follow up with a product bomb, QUITE EFFECTIVE.
  15. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

I rarely follow a level 3 charge with railgun although it seems like a good idea. Most of the recipients of the charge tend to fly in unexpected directions. Many it's the angle.
  16. choiio

choiio New Member

Veterans do know better thats why we abuse that, not just simply use it.
  17. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

It may be funny for a match or two, but continuously doing such a thing over and over again is one of the many reasons why people leave in the middle of the matches, the reason we have new hosts in the middle of matches, and the reason why a lot of players don't come back. I think it's a detriment to the game.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

This is why you troll people. They're too new and foolish to realize how utterly humiliating their defeats are, and you don't scare them off by going 50-0.
  19. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Okay what do you mean no clawing?

And I'm pretty sure you still get a decent amount of juice from meleeing bots. I could go fire it up and check buttfuckit.

I will admit the moneyball damage > no overtime things sucks, but the matches are still really fun.
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sounds like you would greatly enjoy Super MNC! :lol: