I cant save PA

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rezanades, January 13, 2016.

1. rezanades

rezanades New Member

Hi., can someone pls help me.

Somehow i cant save the game.
    So each time i quit
    I have to start all over again

I have to start from JUMP to the planet again...

Thank you in advance for your attention
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. quartez

quartez New Member

I have exactly the same problem... Running on a Macbook with El Capitan. What's the format that you'd expect the log file to be in?
  4. mikeyh

5. quartez

quartez New Member

Are the attached the logs you need?

Mac specs below. Not sure what the identifier is I'm afraid!
    Macbook pro with 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    •16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

Attached Files:

6. mikeyh

Looks like the game is being saved:
    Code:
    [20:40:23.009] INFO Message from client danmcc12 : {"message_type":"write_replay","payload":{"type":"gw","name":"GWSave571269"}}

Can you send me screen shots of what you see under:
    • start showing the single player menu visible on screen
    • start > single player > galactic war > saved games listing
  7. quartez

quartez New Member

Screenshot attached.

I've also been back into the save game today which is why the date isn't the same as the log file.

The time on the save game shows correctly for the last save but when I load back into the game there's no option to resume my previous battle. Instead I have to jump to the system and start again from scratch.

Attached Files:

8. quartez

quartez New Member

Ok... I think I've worked it out: The problem comes when I've saved my game and then "Quit to main menu". The commander explodes as the game quits back to the main menu and I assume it resaves my game as a failed mission. When I save the game and then "Return to Galactic War" then I see the galactic map with an option to Restart or Continue the battle I was previously playing.

I've dropped out and restarted PA and the save game is still there to Continue. Hopefully this means that this work around will allow me to save mid-mission consistently. A point to note, though, is that when I reload the save game and before unpausing it I can see the location of the enemy and all of it's units.
  9. quartez

quartez New Member

Ah, no... Still a problem... I can now get back into the save game and have an option to continue my game but as soon as I unpause it when the save's loaded all the commanders are annihilated and the game finishes.

Screenshot and copies of the logs from today attached.

Attached Files:

10. quartez

quartez New Member

Just wondering if there's any update on the above? Still struggling to save any games during combat...
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Could you try a complete reset of your configuration?
    To do so, close PA, go to "~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/" and rename "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak". Then start PA again and begin a new Galactic War. Play for a few minutes, press <Esc> and "SAVE GAME". Then <Esc> and "QUIT TO MAIN MENU". Then go to SINGLE PLAYER -> RESUME LAST SAVED.

Does it work then?

If not, then you can undo the clearing of the configuration by deleting the newly created "Planetary Annihilation" directory and renaming the old one back.
  12. quartez

quartez New Member

Heyups, sorry for the tardy response. I've just tried the directory renaming suggestion but it's not worked for me. The Commander still self-destructs after saving the game when I quit to the main menu. Is there anything else I could try to sort it out? Thanks!
  13. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Have you tried just quiting the application instead of quiting to main menu?
  14. quartez

quartez New Member

Hmmm, yeah... First impressions are that works. I'll have a play around and see whether it works constantly and will let you know if I'm still having problems. Thanks!

NB: If you can get a "quit to main menu" update out for PA on Mac then that'd be great!
  15. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

That must be a bug then xD.