I bought 3 copies of MNC for my friends, and...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AcidSnow, August 22, 2011.

1. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Today I paid for three 1600 point-online codes ($60 total) via Amazon.com and then proceeded to give the codes to my 3 friends. After they downloaded the game and had installed the SpunkyCola expansion we played a few warm-up games to get them accustomed to the game.

And after a 1hr introduction to the controls and how to play we joined a Corssfire game on SteelPeel (aka the worst map ever) and it was a terrible experience... Our 4 player-party got split in half, 2 landed on the HotShots team and 2 on the Ice. It was an awful first online game. ...In fact I'd say it was F***ing terrible. This was the first online-crossfire match that we played and it was such a terrible representation of the game that one of my friends left to play CoD right afterwards.

I'm so disappointed... I kinda blame myself because [maybe] I didn't give them enough practice, but also because MNC doesn't match players based on skill. And despite joining a full SteelPeel game, it was just crazy how imbalanced the teams were: but the saddest aspect of the game was that we had nothing to do with the imbalance.

It was such a terrible experience that I don't think any of them enjoyed the game. I've been trying to get one of the guys to try MNC for over 4 months, but since he was lazy I decided to just buy everyone codes so they could all try the game for themselves... But damn, what a crap first night of playing.

...I have no other MNC friends to play with, so I can't create a full game for a Private Match of just friends. I need people who play for fun, instead of just raping everyone. I'd appreciate it if some of you guys would reply to this topic with the intent of "just having fun." Because I'm afraid MNC just got put on my friends avoid at all costs list - and that's the last thing I wanted to happen :(

Please help!
    Last edited: August 22, 2011
  2. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

HELLO!!! I always play for fun when im playing MNC, i just get a couple of friends and just play SMG sniper (talk to sensitive more about that), h/h gun only support or grapple only with the gunner....so add me if you want GT DesertFalcoN
  3. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Sorry to hear that, you should convince them to try out at least another 2-3 lobbies be a shame to see that money go to waste. some lobbies are inbalanced with teams and such though most lobbies everyone isn't that good and learning the game for some reason. Try do it early in the day to if you an option to all the big bad pubstompers come out at night :p
    (Unless you live in the UK)
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

keep in mind that MNC will NOT try to find you a lobby with 4 open slots on the same team. it will find a lobby with 4 open slots, even if it splits up your team. the next match it WILL change the teams to make you all on the same team.
  5. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

you need to pull host to keep your team together in a party
  6. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

Hey, if you're european or ever on the in a european lobby we might just encounter eachother, if so I'll help you out or hunt you down ruthlessly! Depends on which team your on. Bye!
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

GT: PohTayToez

I'll play some casual matches and try to help your friends out.
  8. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Deadpool FTW

I shall assist your friends in the teaching aspect or the protecting them from the hopefully-not-so-inevitable buttpwn they will hopefully not face. Only when I am on, however, which is rare due to my recent LoL megadiction.
  9. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, my GT is ScArab AcidSnow.
    Me and my friends are located in the US (Central & Eastern time) and we're all ~28 years old. I'll send out friend requests to those of you located in the US right away, but I'm unsure when we'll be online, but if you see me (or I see you) playing MNC then send a txt and we'll all game together :D
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that your friends had a bad first experience with MNC. Feel free to add me. One of my (and most of my FL) favorite things to do is beat up on pub stompers and spawn campers.

GT: ILoveYouTheMost
  11. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

removed.
  12. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

you can get pooped on any game (especially when you join mid-match). I wouldn't judge any game by 10 minutes of playing. Hope your friends try the game again.
  13. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Pooped on.
  14. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

showered.
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Pooped on your soap.
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

No you don't.
  17. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Please, tell me more.
  18. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

The only other way I know of to keep your party from splitting up when joining mid game is to be unlucky enough to join a game where most of one team has just left. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out why most of one team would leave mid game.
  19. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Thus far I've added 3 new friends! And I'm happy to receive or send any additional requests, because the more of you there are - the better the experience we'll all have!
  20. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

Count me in as well. I'm always looking for some good, like minded peeps to play with.