hum...notes...and...further research needed...pls read full post..or don't click

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by judicatorofgenocide, December 13, 2014.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Opening statement:No idea how to fix besides awarding more points lost or won based on opponents rank.

With the small current ladder pool it is easy to abuse ranking system.

Here is how. Btw you'll have to do your own research. No free answers here.

With our pa limited player base, 77% of high ranked players play within a 10 hour window.

This fact leaves 14 hours of scrub matches. Narrowing further on when to game, because of who you will play, increases chances of meeting significantly lower ranked players on ladder because they are the only ones searching.

Win after win no matter how easy gets you easily promoted,where as playing at a time where you win vs way higher lose vs way higher x 2 leads to a net loss in rank.

Your losing x2 as much as you win and thus fall below ppl of your skill based on time you chose to game.

This will only increase over time as the player base gets smaller and smaller, which is inevitable if............

Uber doesn't implement a system to secure future funds and production to pa.

Until the player base gets so small all that is left is higher skilled players.

I would suggest giving more points won or lost based off opponents rank and...

Implementing a completely optional monthly subscription program to insure never ending forward progress of the game.

The game we all want to see become our rts home, like THE league of legends where no matter the other Mobas out there with fancier graphics and twists it's simply the most reliable accessible and entertaining thus holding its respective crown no matter the toxicity of its community.

Ps. Non of this really matters unless you a value rank. B want to diversify game play. C see future development of game.

I stumbled upon fact after winning and climbing to higher ranks than with better builds based on time and switching strats then running experiments then using pa stats , friends listes and replay functions. But if you pay just for fun ignore me and argue for other features that being entertainment like t2 and orbital transports and cooler planetary collisions!
    Last edited: December 13, 2014
  2. naphid

naphid New Member

3. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Getting ranked up? Ah yes, 18 wins in a row and still silver...
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Beating a higher ranked player already gets you a higher boost to rank than a lower ranked one, limiting this abuse. I'll see if I can dig up the dev quote.
  5. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

How do you know that 77% of high-ranked players play within a ten-hour window? Seems very specific. And what is the cut-off for high rank?
    bengeocth likes this.
  6. bengeocth

@eukanuba is right. You can't use specific information (i.e. 77%) without providing everything else with the same amount of effort. I too wonder what the cut off rank is?
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  7. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I'm uber tier and all I can say is 10 wins vs silver gets me about 2 positions higher yet 1 win vs top 10 can get me 5 up. You will never get into the top 10 off farming silver gold plat. And worse yet if you loose vs a silver or gold player in Uber even if you're in 40th of 48 you can drop right into plat with that one loss since you were so highly favored to win vs a gold you gain very little and have huge amounts to loose
    bengeocth and igncom1 like this.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Also, that is a terrible thread title.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

10. bengeocth

I can't get out of silver farming silver!
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I kinda get your point, but your entire argument revolves around the notion that the 'scrub' matches will always be that way. The players that are currently scrubs will improve, and potentially develop new and very different plays to the current top players.

You end up with sets of pro players in different time zones, and often its only in tournaments we get to see then face the accepted pros. Quite often with surprising results. Tldr, never underestimate newer players, they will learn and might surprise you :)
    slocke likes this.