HTML UI Question to make a leaderboards website

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by killerkiwijuice, December 26, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I was looking at https://palobby.com/ and wondered how it was made. I see the UI is already accesible through the UI debugger, and I could figure out how to remove certain buttons.

But one question; how would I find the URL of the leaderboards UI to make it a website?

Sorry if it's a noob question [​IMG]
  2. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

they probably just uploaded the original html from PA to a webserver - if I had to guess anyway, no guarantees
  3. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

actually glancing at the source, it seems like the uploaded the entire UI folder system and linked to the page they wanted
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Looks like it.

I tried to copy the HTML from the leaderboards debugger, but it said i need a developer tool extension to allow clipboard access.

Any idea how I could get that?
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The relative path in PA is media/ui/main/game/leaderboard/

leaderboard.html specifically, but you will need to look at the other files, and will probably needs stuff from shared and elsewhere.

Also, I believe reading that the leaderboard API is only accessible to a logged in user, so you may have to take the risk of including your username and password in the server to make it work.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Or you can just grab data via "proxy" script on your own server. In this case even storing of username/password not required as PlayFab SessionID's are binded to IP address, but they don't expire so you can use same session for very long time.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am pretty sure there is something going on in the backend of that page so it queries the data from playfab to the palobby.net server first and the "UI" code on palobby.net is modified to ask the palobby.net server instead.