How to troll the trolls

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by killerkiwijuice, October 18, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The astreus exploit where someone puts it on infinite loop around a solar system is a very big problem. But if they want to troll then i have something to strike back.

Since they would auto-die within 12 minute when leaving, they could not win no matter what if they left. But if they stick around or just go afk to watch their troll victim suffer, then they are having a great time cheating. Not if i can help it.

Here it is; patrol infinite boom bots or dox around a planet until the simulation completely freezes or lags down to .4FPS. I made a calculation, if it takes 12 minutes for a player that left to die (that's me, the troller of trolls), then at .6FPS, it would take 200 minutes for them to die in real time.

but really, astreuses should be one-way.
    ant0ine likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Now they can't move for a couple moments though, so as long as you have fighters- it should be fine.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That's too much work when playing on 5 or more planets. This is far easier. And funny :D
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I was hoping this would be a guide on how to scare off the forum trolls. I am disappointed.
    Bsport and squishypon3 like this.
  5. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  6. Zainny

Zainny Active Member

Hey kiwi, out of curiosity is that what happened just a few hours ago in that game we were in? I left the server near the end because I got bored but I remember the last thing you typed in chat was something about "So do you want this to go on for another 20 mins" or something like that... :)

BTW, those dox deathballs holy crap trashing the fps.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I have issues with Trolls. Solution:
    I bog down the server trolling everyone in the game (not just the troll) and everyone else who happens to play on this online server, despite them having nothing to do with my issues!

Sorry, but if you 'solution' involves "putting undue strain on the servers" you are violating every rule of decent player behavior. And just about every ToS you find on the planet (they always have a rule about taxing out the servers).
  8. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

You got bored play PA?
    Thats possible?
    I never get bored play PA ,after 35 sec i have just to close all that PA got open .
    Until i now some one make a mod to flat planets or something about the game like and im not talk about the constatly lag drop,or UI ,or units that are the right amount to android phones,or the eco that just dont work,or the naval that is a total joke..........
    Oh i forgot the team dont care + about PA they are make only commanders for the money....
    What will we earn with all this???
    Nothing.
    What have they earn with us ?
    Ower money and give us a unfinish pruduct on 2014 a year that games for free are way bether,and they got tools for the games + then enouth to make a decent game.....
    I wont shut up until or they give me my money or a finish product....
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

This is up there with the worst troll post I have read. As a person living speaking and writing in a foreign country i have always admired your will to not use google translate but if you want to be taken more seriously or have people understand your sarcasm and not think it is bad english then i think you should start using it.
  10. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

So... that means i should take care not to put too much strain on the server?
    I should be able to play a game however i want.
  11. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

You freedom has a clear limit. And that is when you start to infringe on other peoples freedom. That is how every community and soceity work.
    That is how every constitution worth it's paper works.

If you goal is to sabotage the servers intentionally, then you are infringing on other peopels freedom to play the game. So your right to play the game as you want it has reached it's end.

In short: Don't be an *** and you won't be treated like one.
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

There is no win loss ratio or any kind of record of your games, so if all he has left is a comm and astraeus you've already won so just leave.
    cmdrflop likes this.