How to set up VIPIDs?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by OwMyToe, April 23, 2011.

1. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

The Blog post states the following:

However, Steam IDs aren't in that format and I can't find anything referencing how or if they should converted. My Steam ID, for example, is STEAM_0:0:30789765 - how would I set that up in hostileaccess.ini?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Go into a game and type in playerlist in the console to get your Steam ID.
  3. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

Thank you!

One more question - I figured out how to default the first map on startup for Crossfire, is there a way to control how often the map changes?
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Edit Defaultmaplist.ini to whatever map you'd like to load, the order of those maps, or how often a map shows up in that list.
  5. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

You totally rock. Thanks so much for your speedy replies!
  6. Bakey

Bakey New Member

So to add multiple VPIDs, they should look similar to banned ID's in the hostileaccess.ini, right?

VPIDs[1]=00110000104524662
    VPIDs[2]=00110000104524663
    VPIDs[3]=00110000104524664

Etc?
  7. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

It looks like an array, so yes.
  8. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

I thought of another question - is there something I can include in the batch file to look at a different default map list ini, for instance if I wanted one Crossfire server to run just one map while another ran a rotation of maps?

TIA
  9. racquemis

racquemis New Member

add the following lines to your batch file, this is not officially supported by uberent.
    -nohomedir -configsubdir=<name-your-folder-here> -unattended

These extra options will make the game create a new subdirectory in the Hostilegame>Config directory which the server instance will use.

After the files are created close your server again and edit the options you like using these new .ini files.

As i said this is not supported by uberent, after each update you need to delete the entire folder before launching the game otherwise the server will crash on launch due to file mismatches (the ini files in the subdirectory are not updated)
  10. Bakey

Bakey New Member

I tried this and it apparently does not work. Users added as VPIDs in this manner couldn't join our server when it was full.

Has anyone else had luck with multiple VPIDs?
  11. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

This also did not work for me.
  12. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Should be VIP, not VP.
  13. Bakey

Bakey New Member

VIPIDs....
    [​IMG]

I'm an idiot.
  14. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

FWIW I did have "VIPID" and it still didn't work for me.
  15. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

You can also set them like this:

VIPIDs=00110000104524662
    VIPIDs=00110000104524663
    VIPIDs=00110000104524664

No array notation...

Also depending on whether you're running MNC, or MNCDS, or using a -nohomedir flag, the correct HostileAccess.ini may live in different locations.
  16. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

Could you be specific on that? As in, where the file is in each of those cases.
  17. racquemis

racquemis New Member

in the normal case when running just mnc.exe (no mncds) the correct file is located in documents\hostilegame\Config
    If you use the nohomedir parameter that shifts to the Hostilegame\Config directory in your base installation folder.
    If you use -nohomedir and -configsubdir=<name> it's the same as above but the correct files will then be located in a subdirectory in hostilegame/Config with the name you specified in the parameters.

I don't know how it works for mncds, i don't use that for my servers
  18. Rylan

Rylan New Member

I think we need some clarification on various switches and home directories for those of us using dedicated servers.

My array is fine but VIPs certainly isn't working. I'm beginning to think that my command line isn't calling the hostileaccess.ini file at all during the loading process.

Is there any way of checking this?
  19. Myst

Myst New Member

We've set ours up like this but it only seems to work if we join server through console using "open <ip>" command. Joining through server browser just kicks us back with the "Server is at capacity" message
  20. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

No, the "join" button just does nothing.