How to make Strategic Icons

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by RomeoRuiz15, August 31, 2018.

1. RomeoRuiz15

RomeoRuiz15 Member

i know that i made another one in the Classic PA, i will delete it later, Now how do i make my own set of strategic icons? i know a littel bit enough about coding, modding, Files, System Locations, Folders But How do i make the set of strategic icons? is there some kind of a special color to make them? ive see that the PA titans icons pack are like Orange and yellow or something between those 2

Any help is appreciated :p
  2. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

Yellow is changed to team colour, and Red is changed to black (white when selected). You can use shades between those two colours to make soft edges. They should be PNG files with transparent backgrounds. The PA icons have a semi-transparent soft black shadow around them, which you probably want to recreate. I generally start with an existing icon and edit it to look like I want. You could probably do more with some UI modding, but this will be enough for you to make your own icon sets. It really is quite simple.
    flubbateios likes this.
  3. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Member

shadow \ui\main\atlas\icon_atlas\img
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Download one of the many icon mods and use that as your guide.
  5. RomeoRuiz15

RomeoRuiz15 Member

6. RomeoRuiz15

RomeoRuiz15 Member

i made a bunch of icons but for my surprise when i started the game these icons were having a simple problem...

as you see down there is a icon from pixel icons mod but this one isnt one of those i modify to the orange and red color. Thats because i decided to delete them because they wasnt working as i wanted.

In game the problem was that i could see the icon... it was good but!!! the icon transparency was gone, it was totally surrounded by a big frame of the color of the team that it belongs to.

do you use an special program to make icons? because i used paint

Attached Files:

7. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

I just loaded that png in and the transparency was fine for me. Can't really be much more help as a result.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Try either inkscape or gimp 2...