How to make a translation file for PA:Titan?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by huangth, January 13, 2016.

1. huangth

huangth Active Member

I have made an unit and building introduction for PA: Titan in other forums with my language.
    But someone asked me a question: where is the translation file for PA:Titan?
    I am unable to answer this question.

I know that Uber has no plan to use getlocalization.com to allow community translation for TITANS.
    But I still wonder whether is it possible to change the language by replacing some of the files in PA.
    Since I have already translated 110+ unit and building, I believe it is doable by single person.
    It just takes time.

However, I have no idea how to do it.
    Which file should I modify it?
    Or it must be done by mod?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The translation files can be found in "<PA Install dir>/media/ui/main/_i18n/locales". I tested that you can add new strings there and they will appear inside PA.

And since those files are in the media subdirectory, it should be possible to add new languages through a mod. I haven't tested that part though.
    g0hstreaper and huangth like this.
  3. huangth

huangth Active Member

Thanks a lot.
    But I find out that I need to translate 40 files from the directory "en-us".
    Oh my god, it is a lot of work.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, yeah. Getlocalization.com alone already had 1612 strings to translate. Not sure how many were added when Titans came out. :)