How to get rid of ugly black rough landscape when making planets

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jpinard, September 5, 2014.

1. jpinard

jpinard Member

I know I can just raise the water level way up, but I really don't want to have a lot of water on my desert or tropical planets. The size of the planets I'm making is 400 km.

Unrelated question - does planet mass influence anything in the game? Like orbital grip or how much damage the planetoid does when it smashes into another planet?
  2. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

This. It decides what can orbit what, nothing more.
  3. jpinard

jpinard Member

Did some more experimenting and by adjusting the seed numbers I can get rid of the black mountainy things without raising water way up. Takes a LOT of trial and error though..
  4. xylowenchbane

xylowenchbane Member

Yeah those barren spots can be a bit off putting on Earth-likes and deserts.

I wonder if they'll expand upon the planet/system generator? As in let us make the planets from scratch. Would be cool to set up some nice land chokepoints with crazy geometry.
  5. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

I agree, would like to make plateau's so air fabbers would become more useful, as currently only noobs use them.
  6. tg230

tg230 New Member

I would definitely love to have a "freehand" mode of planet editing where the user can add raise/lower terrain and add the terrain models themselves. Mixing and matching biomes across a planet would also be nice.

Enhanced system editing seems to a be a popular feature request, I hope we get some of these tools in the future.
  7. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I asked about this a little while ago. Uber said they'd like to have this tools in the editor some day.
  8. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Airfabbers are good, they move quickly and can build on both gound and in water, also best fabber when building catalysts, do not call people who uses them noobs.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I wish mountain biomes actually took more of an advantage of their biome size, so that we could at least have props when their tiny little biomes do appear.

We need more intractable props as well as snow capped peaks of different types.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

km or radius? as far as i know the planets are scaled in meters, no?