How to fix some Server.exe crashes (windows)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by maxpowerz, October 9, 2014.

1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

On my pc with windows 8 64bit Server.exe crashes when i run a local game..

I found the culprit / problem for me .

It was my bluetooth extension core, for some reason the server floods or conflict's with the bluetooth stack and the extension core bloats and starts using insane amounts of ram and server.exe crashes..

To fix i just ended the task "Bluetooth Extension Core" in task manager and i go without Bluetooth functionality while i play, this fixes my server.exe crash and lets me play on an i5 3317u with 4gb ram and intel hd4000.

I'll reboot and get pic's of the crash and post pic's of the bluetooth extension bloating and filling ram for no apparent reason (i blame the bluetooth PAN but it could be anything)

Hopefully this helps someone at uber :D

Also i can't believe i can run the server with so little ram .. lol i played 2 AI games and it runs fine on the small 2 planet system :D there was no sim performance drops and everything ran fine, UI was a little laggy but after applying SXX's coherant UI process limit fix and limted process to 5 everything was smooth.
    Last edited: October 9, 2014
    mrniceguy76 and zgrssd like this.
  2. maxpowerz

Ok my bluetooth adapter is Qualcomm Atheros and it's btvstack.exe crashing the server.exe
    When i terminate this program in taskmanager the server.exe loads fine.
    My bluetooth driver is upto date,

I tried disabling the Bluetooth PAN adapter in my network adapter list but it didn't help only terminating the btvstack.exe fixes the server load issue.

Crash with taskmanager showing the btvstack.exe loaded
    servercrash1.jpg

Server running once btvstack.exe is terminated
    servercrash2.jpg
    mrniceguy76 likes this.
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I can confirm this. For me the task was called "Bluetooth Server". In all other regards this worked like a charm till they get around to fix the issue.
  4. maxpowerz

The issue is your bluetooth stack has a loopback interface (127.0.0.1) with port 6543 open.

To verify this reboot pc so bluetooth is active
    Open command prompt with "admin permissions"
    Type, netstat -a | find "LISTENING"

It will list all the network interfaces and open ports
    Look to see if one is 127.0.0.1:6543 "LISTENING"
    If it is then that's the loopback IP and port for bluetooth PAN and OBEX file exchange and or A2DP.

At this point the only fix is to kill the service to free up the IP and Port.