How to change username?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lukebombardieri, July 22, 2013.

1. lukebombardieri

lukebombardieri New Member

Hey guys,

When I was creating my account I stupidly named my username incorrectly thinking that my display name would be the one shown in-game.

How do I change my username?

Cheers, Luke
  2. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

Contact support@uberent.com.
  3. dbiton

dbiton Member

is there a simpler way? because i already bought an expensive (for me at least) copy of pa and my username is retarded.
  4. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

Just emailing support is the easiest way and I'll be pretty surprised if they actually DO help you. Usernames are technically for ever, don't pick something retarded next time.
  5. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

Yea, I actually thought there was no way to change them, but I initially chose not to respond since you said email support.
  6. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

I'd like the option of changing mine also. I wasn't aware at the time I created it that it would be used for the forums and as my in-game name. This name is the one on my hotmail account which I use for signing up on websites to avoid spam in my real email.

I would just like to remove the 246 because people know me by this name now. If anyone with the power to do this is reading this, please remove 246 in my name making it just "Oxide". - who knows, I might get lucky ;)
  7. monotomic

monotomic New Member

Having the same issue aswell... wanting to know how to change username -i found this link in Ubers FAQ's

which lets u change your ingame name but not your user name -

Any help would be rad.
    Last edited: October 24, 2013
  8. gab99

gab99 New Member

I find the fact I didnt capitalize the g infuriates me to no end
  9. blackerdragoon

blackerdragoon New Member

Your account name cannot be changed, but you can change your displayed name for your forums account and ingame name. Simply follow this link:

store.uberent.com/Account/MyAccount

and change your display name in the top right corner. I just wanted to reply, but I am not allowed to have more than 0 links in my thread as a new user. I just wanted to say WTF to that and hope that you can still read this URL :)
  10. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

what about converting your key to steam key
    this way, whatever alias name you have in steam will be reflected in game.

personally, I just love steam service and this is what I have.
  11. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Well, thank for the info. Unfortunately this didn't work for me. My Display name should be RocketCarlo and still on the forum I appear as my username, which I would like to change in the former.

Any other way to change it?
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

like he said there's display name and account name. your account name is the one on the forum and with which you log into the game and you can't change it (else I would already have tatsu) and the display name is the one inside the game.
  13. carlorizzante

Mmh... that sucks. I wanted to have a more warrior-like nickname here on the Forum. Well, too bad. I'm gonna keep my real name, then. Welcome privacy! :p
  14. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Thank you! The fact that my ingame name isn't StormingKiwi has been really annoying me.

May chhange mind on that second capitalisation.
  15. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Excuse me, but...

Attached Files:

16. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Yea I've wanted to change my account for a long time. This is an old highschool name and i use it for accounts all over just for ease of remembering but I've encountered bigotry even in this forum simply because of my name. I use steam so my In game name is Bilbo Swaggins and while my account here says that is also my display name on these forums it still only shows my account name when i post :(
  17. carlorizzante

How did that work for you? In my case my Username is, as you see, *carlorizzante* and my Display name is *RocketCarlo*, and it doesn't appear like that on this page :(
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

same here. I just changed it twice with no success.
  19. carlorizzante

So, I got an answer for the Support at Uber.

It looks like your UberNet account is linked with a Steam account. As of now, the Display name will automatically revert back to your Steam name.

I have no idea what that does it mean. But I will try to 1. Change my Display name on Steam (which I did already, but...). 2. Unlink the two accounts.

We'll see...
  20. carlorizzante

I received a further notification for the support at Uberent.

We are unable to change your username. I have heard from several users that they wish there was a way to fix their username as they didn't know this would be displayed in the Forums. I will continue to tell this to the team and see if we can find a solution. However at this time, I'm unable to change it.

So only thing we can do at the moment is to wait and hope there will be a fix.