How stupid/silly were you when you first started playing?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by OfficerFuttBuck, February 16, 2011.

1. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Well, when I first started playing, it was about 2 and a half months after the game came out, and I was far behind in the metagame. So far behind, I would hope to get games on grenade 3, and pick tank, upgrade both deploys as soon as possible and I would just sit on the sniper perch deployed with my rail gun.

I also used critcals on the assassin, I have no idea why I did. I used ammo, reload and health recovery on the gunner. The list could go on.

List your sillies.
    Last edited: February 16, 2011
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Re: How stupid/silly when you first started playing?

I remember abusing juice before the patch as support.

I think I used juice/speed/crits. lol.... :oops:

Also I didn't know what the annihilator was till I was about level 25... :oops:
  3. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I didn't realize you could upgrade your passive until about level 60. I was informed by my friend who hadn't even reached level 10 yet.
    Last edited: February 16, 2011
  4. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Picked sniper upgraded grapple to 3 before everything. Raging when i hit someone and they didn't die didn't know if the default class had stopping power on it or not? When i was able to make my own class i always put crits 3 thinking it would help.

Later found out that this was not like call of duty sniping. And grapple 3 was the biggest waste of my cash. Crit 3 was a waste and now use RoF.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Death Blossoms. Death Blossoms everywhere and with 1 piece of "Fuel" left.
  6. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

In your defense, that still did full damage until title update 1 came out.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh yeah. I guess you could say within that silliness was some kind of working plan.
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I had no idea RoF worked on the sword. I ran gold Armor (+1), silver Speed (-5), and bronze Clip size (+0) so my overall score was -4 :(
  9. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I was a firebase camping Support... :oops:
  10. topyjr

topyjr New Member

I started playing about a month and a half ago and i had no problem rushing on any class. At level 20 I had a K/D of .43 and I couldn't figure out what was going on. :lol:
  11. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i didn't know how to buy juice for the longest time
    i knew you could buy it. but i didn't know how
  12. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

I thought melee was an effective attack. Ice traps were hidden easter eggs. I got killed as Tank by facegrappling sins with the dagger. Also, I got an flapjack my first game.
  13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

METAGAME. LOLZ.
  14. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I once stuck a bouncer with an airstrike in my youth... that's about the stupidest thing I ever did. Aside from that, I was fairly game savvy. Bought on day 1 in the morning, downloaded while I was at work, and played in the evening. Oh that joyous first day...
  15. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Gold juice on tank with silver reload speed and bronze speed.
    Juice chained and death blossomed till I was dizzy.
  16. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

Went consecutive 8 and 20's with the assassin with an occasional 10 and 10. I think endorsements went like Gold Speed, Silver Armor, and Bronze Skill Recovery. K/D was like .50 on a good day...
  17. Rickshaw

Rickshaw New Member

Did not play as a sniper because I thought it would take a lot of skill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

SUPPORT: i use to put the firebase in dumb places like in the middle of the ejector and left it there thinking i shut down a bot lane...i was obsessed in hacking enemy turrets with my lvl 2 hack, i tried chasing people around with my red lazor...i ran like hell from tanks and gunners...had no idea there was a melee button...attached air strikes on 3 gremlins (thinking yes i hit it)...i was always on opposite side as my firebase feeling i was at 2 places at once

GUNNER: i got shot in the face constantly...i would always slam before i died no matter what the situation... Deployed in the middle of bot lanes... believed i had alot of health...felt harassed by faster moving assaults and snipers... tried tacking out turrets with minigun... was unaware of mortar's potential untill after the spunky cola update...never saw the ice traps on the floor...had rate of fire as my 1st endorsement

i always sucked with assault and sniper
  19. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

I didn't sign up to forums till December :D
    I instantly went to assassin when I started, got mad, left then came back to the game 2 months later
  20. Organous

Organous Member

I wasn't really ever silly. I had realistic ideas back then. Even if I didn't understand all the mechanics or metagame then, I knew the fundamentals well. Still, some things kept me from being all that useful.

* On Steel Peel, it was rare that I would ever move my firebase out of the little niche between our glass and the dome. It's not a bad spot, but I needed lots more courage.

* As an Assassin, I needed less courage. I was well aware of the cloak's drawbacks. The issue was that I'd almost exclusively shuriken at turrets. I also did not yet discover how gold armor really elevates her use.

Not surprisingly, I was a Gunner for a very long time, and reasonable given my experience.