How much of a gamer are you?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thebigpill, April 10, 2014.

1. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

2. teju__

teju__ Active Member

The only way become a real gamer is to buy razer gear and fatal1ty's nuts.
    igncom1 and thebigpill like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So I am a noob. I knew it.
    Then again that list had neither any X, nor FA, nor Anno, nor Gothic. Not even PA! wtf How is it supposed to know I play games if it disregards the games I spent most my time on?
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Noob too. I think that list is missing quite a few important titles including a certain asteroid-throwing game and a certain rocket-crashing game.
  5. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

That's the point. This is entire list is just hilarious. I spend more than two hours every day playing Quake and Osu! and I'm a noob because I haven't played nintendogs :rolleyes:
  6. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Hot damn, step it up casuals

Gamer Level: Rookie
    Maybe you’ve dabbled a little bit on your phone, but you still have a ways to go to reach your full gaming potential. Keep at it, you fearless warrior, and continue your journey.
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

The first few rows are "Pokemon! Mario! Wii Sports!"

yeeaaaaaah nope

EDIT: IT JUST STARTED LISTING CANDY CRUSH AND FRUIT NINJA. Nope.avi
    cwarner7264, cptconundrum and Geers like this.
  8. knickles

how have you not played pokemon, mario, and wii sports?
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

By not having owned a Nintendo console aside from the first DS and a GBA. I've played mario games, just none of the ones on the list aside "kart".
  10. knickles

So you've never met a person with a Wii? Literally every Wii had Wii Sports. GBA also played the other two. Emulators exist.

Not that I'm mad or anything. Those just seem like games everyone should have tried by now.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Apparently I'm Standard.
    But Buzzfeed knows precisely **** about gaming, so I wouldn't take much from it.
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Agreed. I call BS. I got standard too.

How the froot loops can they put Size Matters but not Ratchet & Clank 1, 2, or 3?
    And I don't care what anyone says Ratchet & Clank Gladiator was good too.
    tehtrekd likes this.
  13. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

It's just clickbait:
    1. Issue a challenge questioning the size and fruitfulness of the target's reproductive organs through a proxy of their interests.
    2. Provide a way for them to prove you wrong, using sponsored products, mixed in with a few identifiable products of broad appeal. (Showing other, semi-related sponsored products on the side is generally desirable, to increase product brainwashing throughput.)
    3. Reap the rewards of said sponsored products. The only reproductive organs proven to be of substantial size and functional merit are your own, as the size of your wallet can be used to augment said organs.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. tehtrekd

It's not just that, it's just how Buzzfeed seems to think that gaming is this self-contained community that no one can gain easy access to.
    My favourite example is this video, where they take some common (barely used anymore) online game slangs and make them seem like a super-secret LOTR style language.

And the funniest thing is, they still mess up and define the words incorrectly at times.

15. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I really hate this idea that gaming is some sort of esoteric niche market when it's larger than music and film. Quiz shows really highlight this. You almost never see a video game question (and when you do it's focused on the companies), but apparently asking in which year Actor X won his third oscar award or which of these films did Actor X not star in is a type of question anyone could know! There's no difference between a question like that and "A popular video game series stars titular characters Ratchet & what?".
  16. tehtrekd

I know, it's stupid.

And then there's news stations like Fox and such claiming that "IF YOU PLAY DA VIDYA YOU'LL INSTANTANEOUSLY BECOME A VIOLENT MURDERER!! PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN FROM THE GAMING SATANS OF THE WORLD!!!" which doesn't really help, like, at all.

Although I did see a video game related question on Jeopardy once, iirc it was based around Assassin's Creed or something Ubisoft related.
  17. cola_colin

Hmm I think that discussion was really bad like 5 to 10 years ago, but by now it's mostly dead.
  18. tehtrekd

It resurrects for a bit bit whenever someone finds out that a killer plays video games, the most recent being after the Sandy Hooke thing
    Also from what I hear it's still a pretty big thing in the U.K.
  19. cola_colin

Well my view is germany based and I don't think we had anyone run amok real bad in a while.
    Last year or so Crysis even won some german competition of being the best german computer game, causing some discussion of some classic "killergames" people vs the rest and it mostly ended in "games are art" and the like.

Even some of the german crime scientists that declared games to be the root of all evil like 10 years ago by now have a much more complex view on it, that is no longer just black and white.
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Expert. I'm sure 99.999% of other experts would laugh at my list. Being old helps.