How is this On a Laptop.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by JPX Brutality, January 12, 2011.

1. JPX Brutality

JPX Brutality New Member

Ok so I have a laptop and I have a three hour break this quarter at my college and was wondering whether this is a good get for this time filler. I have an Laptop and was wondering how the controls work on a Laptop. I have a mouse I can connect to my laptop to use so if I need to I will. My specs have all checked out as more than enough to run the game, so all I really need to know is, is the experience enjoyable even on a laptop?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Should work as well as any other shooter, assuming you have a mouse

Personally I would rather play it on a laptop than on xbox360
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You tell us. You need some speakers or a good headset. You definitely need a mouse. Otherwise what sets a laptop apart from a desktop PC other than the size?
  4. JPX Brutality

JPX Brutality New Member

I have some Turtle Beach X11 I use for my xbox so those will work as well for the PC and I believe those are really good. Thanks looks like I'll get it.
  5. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Laptops are generally weaker than desktops, trading away a lot of strength for convienence. :|

I have a Laptop used mainly for work, and an attempt to run MNC got me an hour download time and lag so bad, I couldn't even Heal/Hurt gun properly.

If you're going to use a laptop, make sure it's strong enough, as most modern laptops aren't made for anything beyond work.
  6. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

It really depends what kind it is. In terms of performance, I can tell you than my friend's Alienware M15x was getting around 20fps at max resolution with lowered settings. So... that sounds like a dissuading statement but if you tweak the settings and resolution you can easily get smooth gameplay. I should also mention that it runs on Unreal 3 engine, so if you have any other games that do such as Unreal Tournament 3 or Borderlands those can help you judge how it will handle MNC.

As far as controls, it's really just what you're comfortable with. If you feel like you can play well with the keyboard and separate mouse, then go for it.
  7. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

Like the many people before me, it all depends. Laptop keys are a bit hard to get use to at first.

I play this game on usually max settings on my ASUS gaming laptop (however I can't max the resolution or I get incredible framerate lag, damn you UT3 engine!), if you got good enough specs and a good mouse on your hand, shouldn't be any different on a desktop.

I play just fine with my little rig.
  8. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

[​IMG]

The game runs great on default settings with shadows at min, even at stock speeds.
  9. do0t

do0t New Member

Oh those are so bad bro, I just blew 60$ on the same set. They're worse than my 20$ logitech's, and extremely worse than MDRV6's. About the only good thing about them is the mic arm is adjustable, but the sound, wow. Terrible. They are going back soonest.

10. JPX Brutality

JPX Brutality New Member

Really I love mine. Maybe you got the new version of them. Mine are the older versions that were like 100 bucks when they first came out. Surround Sound headset with great sound quality at least on my 360 they are.