How is Custom Class gonna work?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by tehwalrus, April 17, 2010.

1. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

Not sure if you're holding info on that one secret until the time is right, but I very specifically would like to know more about the models the custom classes will be using - are you going to use skins from the official classes for your custom classes? Do you get to clothe less iconic models (ala soul calibur, etc)? Or are the custom classes going to be slightly modified versions of the main classes, so not being able to judge enemies by glance wont be an issue?
  2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Its gonna work like MW2, There are 30 perks and choosing a default class will have the default three perks for that class but if you create a custom class you can put any three perks that you want.
  3. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

Oh, so it's not really custom classes at all, but customized classed.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

Exactly, Sorry to disappoint you but yeah its just changing the default classes a little bit to fit your play style.

I'm not sure if they have hats or anything but I'm sure you use the default models for the classes, And weapons are changed in game depending on you money spent on your character that round.
  5. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

Justin is right...the custom classes just allow you to change the endorsements
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Oh, so you've guys already bought the game and played it? Let me know how it ends :) The custom class feature wasn't shown at PAX, nor are we done with the game yet.
  7. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

So there's still the chance the custom class feature will be as awesome as the rest of the game? Cool.
  8. TheJustinIsALie

Oh we didn't buy it... we have illegal pirated versions. :lol:
    At the class select screen it showed custom class 1-6, Thats what we were talkin about.
  9. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

i'm just hoping it adds even more awesomeness to this game. was a winner of the PAX East tournament and have decided to day one buy this game.

will be interesting to use a custom class, im speculating we could possibly see color customization to make the character models our own
  10. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Christ, TheJustinIsALie.
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The custom classes actually add quit a bit to the game. Being able to pick the three endorsements makes a pretty huge difference to how some of the characters play. Right now my main guy is a support with Sprintz (3x speed).
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Sounds like a lot of balancing work for Scathis... :D
  13. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

poor guy...
  14. TheJustinIsALie

Indeed some of the endorsements look like they would have seen quite abit of balancing like armor and health regen.
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

So you can only change endorsements?

I thought you could change weapons aswell, say have a Support with a heal gun or a sword...
  16. TheJustinIsALie

You can upgrade your weapons by spending money on your passive specialty. So far I have only noticed the Assassin being able to change weapon with LVL3 passive, Not sure of the other classes.
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yes I know th...

Look, I'm just going to wait for someone who WORKS on the game to give me an answer.
  18. TheJustinIsALie

Fine geez... You don't have to be so mean.

But yeah you can't change the weapons... Unless they decide to change that before release.
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I've noticed on a few gameplay videos that on an upgrade screen, there's a "skill name here" on one of them and it costed about $9999. Is that saying that you can possibly create a skill whether it's passive or active ability for a Custom Class?
  20. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Gentleman,

That's what we in game development call "a bug". That footage was taken from an earlier build, but it's all fixed now.