How does the community feel about this?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by B33rChiller, April 10, 2011.

1. B33rChiller

B33rChiller Member

So I was playing some rounds where most everyone on the server was sub 3 stars. Except for one individual who showed 5.28 stars, and was all-stared plus lvl 93. This player was extremely good, and whichever team they were on pretty much steamrolled the other team.
    Now, at the end of one round, amidst the usual "gg" from people, this individual chimed in with "Terrible. All of you." I fired back "Thanks for the respect", to which we were treated with "Respect is for retards" and "Tanks are the retards of MNC"
    Is this the kind of behavior to be expected from a top notch player? Stomping the face off of low skilled, lower level players and berating them for it? I don't understand why this person is playing in pubs, and not competitively. I don't imagine that it's much fun for them to be unchallenged. I can see some benefit to be gained from playing against players of much higher skill, but not a lot from their poor attitude and general contempt for others.
    What do you folks think?
    -B33rChiller
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

He was a jerk, you are in the right, etc.

Lrn2internet :geek:
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Give us a name!
  4. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

He seems like a swell dude, internet tough guy and not afraid of anything.
  5. TNine

TNine New Member

^This^.

If your really getting your *** kicked, just leave the server and find another one. The worst pubs are the ones where there is a huge gap between 1 or 2 players and the rest.
  6. Yanderman

Yanderman New Member

Are you new to the internet by chance?
    Some users are socially inept.
    Some users are trolls.
    Some users are obnoxious.
    Some users are angry.
    Some users are bullies and internet tough guys.

But everyone, everyone, is a ****.
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

[​IMG]

Still true today.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Congratulations, you just made it in my signature!
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

He was just a douchebag.
  10. daztora

daztora New Member

Was he an Assault?, Nearly every obnoxious high level / rating player I have come across was an Assault.

This Is why I mainly play with friend's were all around 3.50 - 4 rating and you'd be surprised how communication and not giving a fudge plays against these people. Especially since they think they can go alone, to find a fully healed gunner go after them with airstrikes and mortars ahoy :lol:
  11. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Ah, just get used to it. There's always going to be these pompous individuals floating about.

I somehow keep bumping into this one guy who constantly disses the other team (and his own if he's losing) so much you'd think he's Angry German Kid. :lol:
  12. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I've seen worse.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And god forbid you run into an assassin who wont take "kill bots then pros" as the sound advice of another player
  13. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Hypno's exactly the guy I was talking about just now. Common indeed. :lol:

He seems pretty tame there compared to what I've seen from him so far.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This vintage guy is an *******. Encountered him a few times already.

Can't remember Hypno complaining that much though.
  15. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

I'd share a story of douchebaggery, but not much of what the troll said would make it past the word filter.

"Your mom ***** ***** in ****."
  16. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Must admit, I've raged quite a few times at my teammates. Though it's mostly through the questioning of their intelligence. "WHY ARE YOU SITTING IN THE BASE?! Are you dense?"

So, it's safe to say that this thread is now about posting conversations with douche bags?
    Will post if I meet some.
  17. zenstar

zenstar New Member

While playing assault I had a tank tell me I should just leave because I was so bad.
    Funny thing was he was ranked 4th on our team, I was ranked 5th. The only reason he was higher than me was because he had more pro kills. The reason for that was because I was stuck in our base keeping the stream of bots off our moneyball.
    Maybe if someone was killing bots *cough*the tank*cough* I could get out there and do some damage.

Really, when an assault (who has barely left the moneyball) has more bot kills than you and you're playing a tank then maybe you need to keep your trap shut and learn to play your class. Or at least be civil ffs.

Some people are just like that. Sad but true.
  18. B33rChiller

B33rChiller Member

I left the name out because I didn't want to just come in here in and attack the person.
    Judging by what y'all are saying, then this kind of behaviour is to be expected. Apart from the one individual, all the players were pretty well balanced and respectful of each other, so I figured I would just wait until he got tired of it and left us to enjoy the game. That strategy worked well, as he was gone a couple of rounds later.
    Funny you mention that. You got it. hehehe
    For some stupid reason I had overlooked the greater internet fuckwad theory.
    Oh well. Have a good one all.
  19. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I suppose the assaults boisterous personality is only second to the Sniper.
  20. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

There are some sins out there who have this... they're allergic to bots or something, i'm not sure. Maybe they are both north poles and there's a magnetic repulsion thing going on.

But there are plenty of people who don't do something a class is designed for (supports who refuse to heal assassins, i'm looking at you. angrily. you useless fat italian bastards.)

I'll admit sometimes i put on my rage cap when playing when people don't do the whole TEAM thing (I am aware of the irony as a sin, thankyou) but in general i'm not openly insulting like that (unless someone decides to be a douche).

If i want to comment that i carried the team, like say This Match I'll make a comment about my shoulders being sore or something. But that's about it. I won't insult people directly unless they do it first.

Basically that guy calling you all useless is a total douchebag and not representative of the community as a whole. These people are the loud minority. That is all.