How do you leave beta feedback in a good way?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garatgh, December 15, 2013.

1. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Since most of us have no experience beta testing anything (Real beta testing, most people have been in some kind of beta) & and the forum often end up being cluttered by allmost random things not really though through.

How do you leave good beta feedback? (I know about the bug tracker, im talking about other kinds of feedback).

Maybe it would be a good idea if the devs post a thread with a format to use and some hints on what they want feedback on? (that can be updated as time goes on).

Perhaps a new sub forum titled "Beta feedback and suggestion" with a requirment that the idea/suggestion must be discussed in the normal forums first (to work out any mistakes/problems/etc and flesh it out a bit), before being submitted as a suggestion/feedback?

That way it might be easier for the devs to judge ideas and suggestions (Filtering out the weak ideas/suggestions/feedbacks).

(Obviously only for those interested that wish to volunteer to make PA better).
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You're not asking about tracker, I think it's important to post this reminder here.

Many players might think that most of issues are reported already or developers know them, but this usually isn't true. There is many pretty small things around which annoying everyone inside game: units ignore particular commands, action chains fail, some wrong information displayed, wrong sound played or you see some small glitch which looks bad. Lot of such issues still waiting before somebody find them and it's even more important fore new functionality and things that aren't used often.

And for everybody who reported something before I'll really appreciate if you visit bugtracker, click in "My tasks" and re-check tasks that still open in current version and request closure if required.

PS: @garatgh asked, so please don't comment on this here. PM me if you have any questions.
    Last edited: December 15, 2013
  3. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

^^ Fine, as long as its only a reminder. (Please dont comment on his reminder in this thread, i dont want my thread ending up being highjacked).