How do you handle a Tank?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Doglasde0519, May 18, 2011.

1. Doglasde0519

Doglasde0519 New Member

I've been messing around with the Tank lately, and have found that the only pros I can kill are Assassins. Everyone else murders me. Even if I put on gold Armor. I know the Tank is pretty skill heavy. Should I just throw in a product grenade every time I go after a pro?
  2. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

stay in ur effective range long or close range use Ur rail gun and ur skills and try to stand out of mid range combat
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Yeah. What I do is stay almost entirely at long range combat and railgun bots while taking pop-shots at enemies to help teammates out. You would be suprised how railgun fire can save teammates in fights, or take out fleeing enemies at low health, or sometimes medium health. I will only periodically wander down a bot lane to hit an assassin who isn't paying attention, or cut off an enemy who is dealing with a teammate, but always immediately return to long range and mostly play from long range almost the entire time otherwise.

I also use heavy skills and no armor endorsement. Mainly product grenade, although I upgrade to charge 2 before product nade 3. I play glass cannon tank most of the game on ammo mule, only upgrade passives to refill health quickly.

However, what I recommend for you instead, is to mostly do that, but with something like armor/rate/skill, and just carry around the railgun more than the jetgun and hug walls. Basically, hug walls, shoot bots and pros with railguns, railgun grapple and charge if you get caught close by an enemy, and if you catch an enemy by suprise or turning a corner then switch to jetgun and hit them with charge and deathblossom.

Tips:
    ~Carry around the railgun mostly, it has a grapple for suprise close range. If you enter cramped areas, turn corners, have enemy bots around you, or the such... then switch to jetgun. Don't always carry jetgun, it forces you to have to walk at everything and most of the time you never make it close enough. The railgun shoots any range fairly well.
    ~Charge and deathblossom together, it kills assaults from full health at lvl3 charge.
    ~Hug walls as you move about the map, and hit enemies quickly and by suprise if you want a close range kill with charge and deathblossom.
    ~Fire railgun at quite long range and through cover otherwise, so you get plenty of bot kills and help teammates with engaging gunners and fleeing assaults via railgun suppression.
    ~Like the railgun, use the product nade to suppress enemies (blinding enemies who teammates are attacking, who are fleeing, who are not paying attention), and to clear bots quickly (hit with lvl3 product nade kills a whole bot groups, so you can get to railgunning the other bot lane). You can sometimes use it to approach an enemy, but if you can sneak up and charge-deathblossom then do that instead.
    ~Pick up speed endorsements. If you can at all possible, get ones dropped by teammates kills. Get some kills yourself (assassins lol) and pick those up. They help you get those hit-and-runs in.
  4. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Tank isn't mainly a pro killer.

Just use Rof/armor/skill with your rail gun a lot. Keep the bots dead and the assassin in their spawn. Shoot at weak opponents with your rail gun.
  5. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Distance
    Distance
    Distance

Tank's worst enemies are Assault and Sniper.
    Oh yeah and don't use Gold Speed since you can just pick em up.
  6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Run. OR HIS FLAB WILL EAT YOU ALIVE!
  7. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

Never save your stun grenade, just spam it at everything bots, snipers everything, use your rail gun as primary and get some practice in. Rof/acc/skill or Rof/ar/skill are some good classes. Upgrade charge 3 or grenade 3 before anything depending on what you want to do. Charge towards or away from assaults and try and keep them at bay with stun and rail ( good assaults wont let you however).
  8. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Switch to the tactical control scheme to more easily aim and fire product grenades while you're moving.
  9. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

Never just death blossom unless juiced, only use it to finish off your kills.
  10. hawkshade

hawkshade New Member

I can demonstrate how to use a tank in game. You gotta be fluid and confident in your skills pretty much. Practice railgun alot. Charge+ deathblossom if someone gets too close. Ya just gotta know the standard procedure to approaching each and every class.
  11. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Headshot with the sniper rifle.
  12. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Go on youtube and find ImHudson's tank vids. They help a lot. Xeno has a few that are great as well.
  13. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Pub tank-
    Armor
    RoF
    Skill
    Rail gun everything in sight, charge and DB close up. Product nade every enemy. Choose your fights wisely.
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

That is my preferred build at the moment. To master the tank, you need to learn to clutch passive. Always keep juice or enough money on hand to save your life. Another key to tank is learning to surprise your enemies. Your railgun grapple is great for ringing out snipers, assassins, and gunners. When you get charge three, you cause the enemy a ton of trouble.

You might want to try armorless tank. I used Shammas's (AKA De Troll) build of RoF/Acc/Skill and it works great for ranged combat. You should try that one as well. Each build you try will give you different results. Each build also requires a different playstyle. I have seen a few tanks using Skill/Armor/RoF to great success. Tank is an EXTREMELY versatile class that has a lot of different roles.