How do Ultra-Super Intelligent Humans think?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by phlogistinator, August 6, 2014.

1. phlogistinator

phlogistinator Active Member

The average human has an IQ of 100. I estimate mine to be around 70.

I have often wondered, how do people of the highest intellects actually think? How fast do they think? Do they have super memories or something?

I happened to chance upon a player in PA who claims that he is Evangelos Katsioulis, and I was like ah okay, who is that? I copied the name down and after the game, I googled him up and found out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Katsioulis

"Katsioulis' performance is expected by only 1 person out of 38,000,000,000 of the unselected population."

:eek:

Wow! An IQ of 38,000,000,000??? My god! Nearly a billion times mine!

I am just curious. How do people with such astronomical IQs actually think?

Anyway, just for fun, I googled the following people that were provided in the google links to that Evangelos guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosner

" A score of 160 corresponds to a rarity of about 1 person in 30,000 (leaving aside the issue of error of measurement common to all IQ tests), which falls short of the Mega Society's 1 in a million requirement"

1 million IQ ... good lord. Not as high as that 38 billion IQ guy above, but still very godly.

Then there is this one here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_vos_Savant with 228 IQ

228 IQ may not be as high as the other 2, but hey, that is still very good.

Then there is this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

210, still cool.
    Last edited: August 6, 2014
    thebigpill likes this.
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Dude. That doesn't mean his IQ is 38,000,000,000. The article you LINK even says it's a "mere" 205.

If you're going to post threads with such wildly ridiculous claims, at least READ what you're researching.
  3. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

Average monday morning of ultra-super intelligent human.

8:00:00-8:04:54 am - Set nucler tea pot to make tea.

8:04:55-8:13:39 am - Use the washing tube simulator.

8:13:40-8:19:13 am - Make Robo-butler 3449 drink tea with you to amuse yourself.

8:19:14-8:28:22 am - Call the president's assistant (Amanda ❤❤❤) to ask for new Robo-butler ( Try to be cool and not mention how you were stalking her in college again).

8:28:23-8:37:28 am - Set lair AI for "Dress me for work" pass code "Monday" ( REMINDER!!111oneone don't get tempted to use "Dress me like the Queen of England", it didn't end well last time when ma walked in). Set AI to "purify" the tie with fire, (I hate that thing and want new one) tell people that you saved a kitten from burning building.

8:37:29-8:48:59 am - Set Lair AI to set fire to Ms. Collins house (She smells really bad), the cat should survive. Also edit me in the footage in case someone asks ( While synchronising the footage make sure to set AI not to use any of your "Exciting" footage, I don't think people would understand if they saw me saving a cat dressed as the Queen of England)

8:49:00-8:55:03 am - Use the secret teleporting devise hidden in such place noone would think teleporting devise would be hidden, microvave. Set coordinates for super secret underground base, 37 degrees 14 minutes north latitude, 115 degrees 48 minutes west longitude. Code name "WORK".

8:55:04-8:59:06 am - Tell that idiot George he is late for work and how terrible he is at things.

8:59:07-8:59:59 am - Use time machine to 8:55:39 am monday x date.

+8:55:39-8:58:44 am - Test the new plasma pistol Ac552Yzzzzzzzdxy666 on George's chair.

+8:58:45- next few minutes - Solve cancer.
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  4. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

This guy is a better troll than 1 out of 38 000 000 000 of the unselected population.

Trolling Quotient 420
  5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I hate the concept of IQ. People don't think linearly, logarithmically, hyperbolically, or along a bell curve.

Sticking a number on the way people think is just flawed. And you can totally study for an IQ test. It's not hard, and I know you're not supposed to, but you can. Rather easily.

Not only that, but IQ tests don't even agree to use the same standard deviations or measurements. So the number only matters if you also cite the test taken. You can have "focused intelligence" and do well on one test or "general intelligence" and do better on another.

Now those outlandish ridiculous people are all probably really smart, but any IQ within a couple standard deviations is gonna be completely without any significance beyond "you're average."

I know most of this doesn't need pointed out, but IQ existing is one of my pet peeves.
    Gorbles and Geers like this.
  6. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Just going along here but maybe we will find out someday, hehe.
    If you are refering everything to a super brain.
    Last edited: August 7, 2014
  7. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

The stupidest person can say the smartest thing at the right time
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

IQ is a silly concept. We don't even fully understand human intelligence and yet people want to quantify it?

It's a meaningless number for arrogant academics.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  9. aevs

aevs Post Master General

In the words of Stephen Hawking:
  10. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

IQ is a bullshit, End of statement :mad:
  11. phlogistinator

12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Aaaand you're hopeless.

Ignored.
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

You really need to read better. It says IQ of 205, and he's one out of 38 billion. One does not equal the other. This may be offtopic, but I'm starting to wonder if you're for real, or simply trolling. I'm leaning toward trolling. Which.. check the rules. Off topic is not exempt. :p
    aevs and stuart98 like this.
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

He's trolling. He used to go on the steam forum starting threads that seem legitimate and then later changing the titles, which he has done a couple times here too. Some of the steam threads had a similar focus on IQ.
  15. phlogistinator

Er, I don't use the Steam forums.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yeah, I've been keeping on top of the thread titles the last couple of days.
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.
    arseface and Corang like this.
  18. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

incompetent, trolling, does it matter, what matters is he is not hurting anyone and if anyone is hurt by this then they deservs to be hurt by it, i mean he is really really into this, no matter if he is trolling or not, even if he is loling hes head off he is super into this and enjoying this super much. So why cant he even tho it is imo. But most talk of space is imo. Maybe its like this ( okay read the facts, but i don`t believe its like that, but more like this, and facts of space never gives you enught knowledge anyway. hes haveing the time of hes life. And no matter how you look at it this is candy for him
    Last edited: August 8, 2014
  19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Well, thanks for telling us what is or isn't ok on our forums. We'll update our rules accordingly.

Or not.
    stuart98 and cwarner7264 like this.
  20. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

[​IMG]
    :O

I had you pinned for a logical positivist/materialist/nominalist, and here you are talking about the sovereignty of qualities from quantities!

[​IMG]
    squishypon3 likes this.