How do the Uber keybindings work?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by spicyquesidilla, June 15, 2014.

1. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

I'm asking how do the inputs here: [​IMG] correspond to the menu in-game: [​IMG]
    I messed around with them for a while, but got kind of confused.

Argh! I wish it was more like hotbuild :/

As well if anyone has found a decent config for there key-bindings and wouldn't mind sharing it would be well appreciated.
  2. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

hotkeys need to be typed :) it's kinda weird but works.
    So if say you want to use f1 for something you actually type " f1 " into the box.
    You can also use things like " ctrl+a " or " shift+4 ", not sure if alt does anything, tab is " tab ", space is " space ".

I have a hotkey setup I love which you could try.
    First I would recommend setting the defaults to fill in most of them, most of the defaults are sensible.
    The hotkeys for building specific units should definately be on default because they correspond to a specific spot on the keyboard which makes them easy to memorize.

I use f1 for selecting all land combat units on screen, ctrl+f1 for selecting all land combat units (on planet)
    f2 for air units on screen, ctrl+f2 for all air, same with f3 for ships, f4 for ALL combat units, land air sea.
    f5 for factories on screen, ctrl+f5 for all factories.

f for selecting idle fabbers, g for selecting idle factories, and tab for toggling between build once/loop.

These hotkeys let you control most of your stuff with 1 hand on the left side of the keyboard.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Well you have 3 keys in build structure (those control the tabs below the buildbar).
    Press x in your case and you activate the combat tab.
    Then you have the keys under "build" those are numbered 1 - 12
    So for example if you set A on build item 1.

Press X then A to build item 1 under combat tab.

But you can always try the hotbuild2 mod offcourse it still works (and I try to keep it updated)...