How do I use Halleys?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by lancemich, September 26, 2013.

1. lancemich

lancemich Member

Okay well i have 20+ of them but idk how to get them to switch on? Ive tried selecting them all then clicking on the target planet but that didnt work so what do I do?
  2. fakkov

fakkov New Member

Same, I have created a complete monstrosity on a 1000 mass moon orbiting my target planet, with 30+ Haleys. Maybe if cover the entire surface with them it's huge mass will be pulled into the nearby planet. ;)
    LtNoodles likes this.
  3. mozzzza

mozzzza New Member

hey,
    yea took me a while u need to zoom out and where it shows planets on right top corner there will be little triangles under a planet indicating how many of the buildings u need the havoc things, usualy its only 3 u require, then u click the triangles then it says pick target , you pick target the siren sounds the boosters turn on and BOOM,

Oh and another thing make the planet a moon that seems to work, asoon as u start your game ie picked start location zoom out into space, if there is no little triangles under the moon pic in top right corner then you cant build them there hence they wont fire

hope this helps
  4. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Check the thread: Build Notes - 54357 / 54382

Depending on planet size the are certain number of required thrusters for control. The required number is shown in the system screen.

[​IMG]
    archcommander likes this.
  5. lancemich

lancemich Member

Thanks this helped a lot, i was using a planet that was too hesvy :/ i moved planets though and made enough and clicked "annihilate" etc but the boosters haven't done anything and the planet wont move :/
  6. microapple

microapple Member

For a planet to be movable it must have the icons under its name in the System bar.

Mobility is determined by radius (~300 or less and you're good to go) not mass.
    sjfarrar likes this.
  7. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Made like 10 engines but they dont do anything
  8. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

Hey guys, I have a problem. Every solar system I generate it does not have the icons to tell me im good for smashing. I even made custom solar systems with the suitable planets and it still does not work. Any idea why? all I get is the planet type and name but no thruster icons.
  9. lollybomb

lollybomb Member

That's what I'm getting too. Even with tiny, very low mass planets I don't seem to be able to generate something I can crash into something else since I never see the icons. I've been able to build the engines fine, but after learning about the icons I took a look only to discover their absence.
  10. radtoo

radtoo Member

Create a system and enter a number smaller than 300 for mass. The slider will still get you 1000.
    D'oh, it's the radius that matters.

Or at least that's how I think it works.

Then start the game with that system loaded. IF you have a planet that can be accelerated with engines, you can see it when you zoom out, below the planet name there should be some icons indicating how many engines you need. Once the Halleys are built, select the planet in the list and pick "Annihilate".

PS: While the trajectory is awesome, there are not enough sound & visual effects missing yet to make this an entirely satisfying affair. This really needs engines roaring and flaming on the accelerated asteroid / moon until it hits. And then a nicer impact. Like, some ring of an atmospheric shockwave going around the planet causing unit destruction, some more lighting and/or particle effects afterwards (glowing veins of lava under cracked terrain, melted lava surfaces, dust, a small elevated "hill ring" around the crater, stuff like that). I hope some of that gets added later.
    Last edited: September 27, 2013
  11. killzone5017002

I just fixed it!!! uninstall and reinstall and everything should work!!
  12. radtoo

radtoo Member

If "verify files" doesn't work to the same effect, I figure that is a bug on its own.

Are you sure that you didn't just randomly have games with planets that were too big, though?
  13. halander1

halander1 Member

What is the scale of the planet required to use thrusters or the exact mass anyway
  14. radtoo

radtoo Member

Radius <=349 can put engines on, as far as I can tell.
  15. halander1

halander1 Member

Nope i had a moon thats 300 and it didnt work, nope its reverting to 1000 when i input 300 my mistake radius not mass
  16. radtoo

radtoo Member

I don't know how it happened on your end, but you might have hit this unexpected behavior I just reported.

You need to hit the enter key or press "preview" so that the numbers stick when you save and close. Entering the number and immediately clicking save+close does not work
  17. killzone5017002

Very positive I didnt have games with to big of planets. I spent 5 hours trying to figure things out then I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works. I smashed the planet for the first time and it was amazing.
  18. Tredecian

Tredecian New Member

Hey guys, just did a test with four moons. Half of them had 200 radius and half had 2000 mass.

-200 rad & 1000 mass - Halley movable

-200 rad & 2000 mass - Halley movable

-400 rad & 1000 mass - unmovable

- 400 rad & 2000 mass - unmovable

supports the <300 rad hypothesis, hope this helps.

p.s.
    good first post?
  19. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

At what point are you supposed to get that? once you put down the first Halley? or do you get those icons below the planets soon as you start the match? I never had them, and I just tried to place down 6 engines and couldn't do anything with them, I also had huge issues getting my units to land on 1 of the 3 planets I had... I had 4 landers just constantly orbiting the planet, just completely refused to land on it lol
    zapa likes this.
  20. facemeleta5000

facemeleta5000 New Member

Thrusters are limited to certain planet sizes? Well goes my dream of driving a friend's base directly into the sun. Unless he settles on a tiny moon, heh heh heh.