How do I create loadouts?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by lichllamalord, June 1, 2015.

1. lichllamalord

lichllamalord New Member

I have made some attempts at trying to create custom loadouts, I have never modded or coded before and it is kind of confusing. Any help?
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

3. lichllamalord

lichllamalord New Member

I already have looked at them.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

So where did you get stuck? I mean, you were trying to create new load outs, but they don't work for some reason, right? What are you trying to make the new load outs do?
  5. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

...and I know pretty much everything I need to make my own mods
  6. lichllamalord

lichllamalord New Member

I managed to make one already, sorta. I haven't tested it yet because I don't understand how to add them to the list of selectable ones without them needing unlocking.

I asked for a full run down of how to make loadouts because it would let me check if I made any mistakes and help others who want to make their own custom loadouts.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

ui/main/game/galactic_war/gw_start/gw_start.js controls the new war screen. Looks like you'll need a mod that does something like model.startCards().push(myNewCard) where myNewCard uses a modified version of makeKnown (replacing "self" with "model", primarily)

I haven't actually done a full GW loadout, so I'm not in a good position to write a tutorial. I just know how to find things. There is a UI modding tutorial that covers getting additional code to run in a scene such as gw_start