Hotfix Build 82369 now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, May 29, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

attack move still not working reliably, nor target prioritisation. Replays still not consistently showing metal income movement.

Appreciate the resume anywhere, the saves, the ai improvements. I get that you're trying to fix up the singleplayer experience and that's all kool. But I hope we get a patch that fixes some seriously fundamental gameplay bugs more related to multiplayer sometime soon.
    lostmekka, FSN1977, lordathon and 3 others like this.
  2. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

You need to determine whether it is a drop in your client's frame-rate, or network lag (i.e. due your connection, packet loss or over utilisation). In game, if you use ctrl+p, it cycles through client data including your FPS, as well as sim and server data. If your fps is high, and the server and sim are at 10fps (I think that's right), and you're getting lag, then you're probably right: it is network lag.

I'm not sure what software you can use to gauge the quality of your connection, I'm sure someone can help though. But you can use http://speedof.me to do a speedtest and compare that to what you should be getting.

What kind of internet connection do you have?
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Welp looks like updating my drivers fixed it.
    reptarking and zihuatanejo like this.
  4. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Pingtest.net can test packet loss and stuff
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  5. zihuatanejo

Me too. The save/load was a biggie, i think. I think now they're working on Galactic War? I can't remember what their stated road plan was. But I'm sure we'll get a wave of bugfixes and polish soon.

That replay bug is a real bugger when you're trying to cast a game, lol.
  6. zihuatanejo

Good to know, thanks!

You mean you didn't update your drivers before describing the bug? Shame on you! ;p hehe
    dom314 likes this.
  7. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Some variations of an issue I'm having wrt factory builds not happening (with com & fabbers both):

1. Queue factory, factory image is white (not red), get audio confirmation that factory is queued, queued image disappears and factory never built.

2. Queue factory, com/fabber starts moving to build, factory queue disappears and factory never built.

3. Queue a series of factories, even by "dragging" a series, and one or more of the factories in the series will not be built

4. Will queue a variety of factories/p-gens/mex/turrets and one or more of the factories within the set will not be built.

Occurs with t1 and t2

Haven't noticed it with naval factories (yet) but have with all other.
    elodea likes this.
  8. dom314

I know I know! xD. I recently installed windows, but I was used to my amd drivers keeping themselves up to date. :p
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  9. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

PLEASE fix the friends system. The system keeps deleting my new friends every time I log out or quit from PA. No, not steam friends, and I play planetary annihilation off of steam, just the PA friends system.
  10. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Sometimes you cant kill other orbital units, its like they are on another "level" Both avengers and umbrellas cant hit them.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

1. Start 2x PA client
    2. Start local server
    3. join the server and make a 2 human vs 2 AI teamgame
    4. get a crash on the screen that shows the commanders of the players fulllscreen right before launching.

This happened 2 times in a row. From the chat I seem to be not alone with it. The crash is some access violation, to be precise the asm command in the address 1404CBDAB fails to do whatever it should do, according to what the server printed.

EDIT: actually I just had this 3 times in a row vs 1 absurd AI on forge.

EDIT:
    Another bug I noticed, that may be older, is that it seems you dont see any command lines between the locations of commands. Like for example the line between move commands is missing. It seems to behave like in team games, where you also can see the commands themselves, but not the connecting lines, for all commands of your teammates.
    My memory reader tells me the command entities themselves exist on the client, but the list of command ids on the units that tells the game what commands a unit actually has is empty.

Another thing is that it seems that in replays sometimes mex spots magically disappear. Like they are not part of the replay at all.
    This may be related to reloading the UI while watching a replay.

EDIT:
    another one:
    The chronocam timebar "play fast forward" button does not work.
    A quick look in the debugger shows it is bound to model.playForward, which has this code:
    self.paused(false);
    self.timeSpeed(1.0);
    api.time.play(1.0);

the button that skims back fast in turn works. It works by calling this code:
    var ts = self.timeSpeed();
    ts = ((ts < 0.0) ? ts * 2.0 : -2.0);
    self.timeSpeed(ts);
    api.time.play(ts);

I would say that should be easy to fix, but trying it seems fast forward does not work at all?
    Calling
    api.time.play(-3);
    plays backwards fast
    calling
    api.time.play(10);
    is normal playback speed foward?!

It seems doing this is the best way right now for me to fast forward replays:
    setInterval(function() {api.time.skip(1);}, 100);
    works

EDIT:
    I've not seen what it does, but I think the code that handles the removal of the control groups when in spectator mode isn't written correctly. It binds the visiblity of the control groups to a pure function. Meaning the element in live_game with the id #control_group_bar has a data-bind:visible: $root.showControlGroups()
    and that is bound to model.showControlGroups() which is a pure function:
    [​IMG]
    I assumed it was an observable and crashed my code ;)
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I have seen this a lot as well, they seem to rise above the orbital layer and then just roam around up there, you can still control them but nothing can hurt them, not even enemy units that have risen as well.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  13. jables

jables Uber Employee

updated op
    Hotfix build 82369 - 5/30/15
    Fix for largest cause of "Lost connection to server" issues. We will continue monitoring the issue and make more fixes where needed. Sorry for the issue, and thanks for your patience!
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Props for sorting this on the weekend <3
    nateious, ReddWolff and stuart98 like this.
  15. dom314

Thanks Uber, luv you <3
  16. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Have any more specific information than that?
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Random thought: The message "lost connection to server" can be missleading. There are a ton of people who see that and then go "but I played single player. How stupid are they that they force me to play online on a server in single player, stupid DRM".
    Maybe change the message to something less problematic? I know technically connection lost is totally correct, but it still seems to make some people even more angry than it has to.
    Maybe include where the server was running. "Connection to server (offline) lost" or if you dont have quick access to that info make it "Connection to server lost. The game probably crashed".
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    ace63, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  18. elodea

elodea Post Master General

sure. Posted a video of attack move problem back in march in a build thread. Basically the reproduction is simply to use attack move. The problem happens more so when using avengers, and can also happen with land units.

The other problem with a-move is that some units do not stop and attack from max range when using this command.

The target prioritisation one is quite simple to reproduce too. Basically, units are slow to switch targets to a mobile unit that has recently come into it's range, and generally get stuck shooting the structure they were previously targeting. For example move dox to attack enemy fabricators building mex, where the mex is between the dox and the fabbers. The dox get stuck shooting the mex.

Same deal happens with all other structures, including walls. It's a big problem because of how drastically different engagements trade out when one group of units are still attacking random structures that arn't obstructing los, instead of the units that are in los and shooting at them.
    tesseracta and zihuatanejo like this.
  19. sgrock

sgrock Member

Thank you for the patch, my single player game is functional again.
  20. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Kool thanks for the new patch boys and girls, is there any movement with uber staff updating/fixing the ATI high brightness? you know the one that simulates looking at direct sunlight.
    warrenkc likes this.