Hotfix build 77725 now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 30, 2015.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Thanks for the status. Filed as PA#4336
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This one is huge. Is there any technical details why it's was crashing on AMD/Nvidia, but not Intel?
  3. jables

jables Uber Employee

Fixing replays now.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

Hotfix build 77725 - 2/4/15
    - Fix for broken replays

This unfortunately will only affect replays not from the last build. Any replay from build 77582 will not work :(
  5. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Jables i lub u
  6. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Another big thank you for all at Uber; you are very awesome
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Can we get a way to copy a replay number to the clipboard on windows and similar options on other OSs?
  8. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

(what looks like a BUG)

I was playing a custom 1v1 game on Pacific and my naval units wouldn't focus fire on the enemy commander when given the order (right-clicking). Is this a known issue?
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You mean while the commander is under water? I don't think orcas can fire underwater. Only Narwals have torpedos (well and subs obviously).
  10. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Well I couldn't tell whether it was underwater but probably :/ sorry for the post.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I think knee-deep in the water counts as underwater somehow. :)
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@jables, I have a few bugs to report from testing the new stable build last night:

1: If you get more than 11 players in a lobby, the game freezes at the launch screen (the screen showing everyone's commanders). I was trying to spectate a 10way ffa last night, with one other spectator (so total 12 players) and game simply sat at the start screen (although client was still running fine, I could look at my friends list for example). I've had this happen a few times recently, technically the lobby allows a total of 13 players (10 players + 3 spectators), however if the total exceeds 11 it won't launch.

2: I spectated another 5 way FFA later on, in this I was unable to use the chrono cam to witness something I'd missed. The game was otherwise running fine, and I don't normally have issues so perhaps this is specific to spectating (the bar would appear but I was unable to move the time line at all).

3: Jig explosion: The same FFA involved a gas giant which was being contested. One player was *in the process of building a jig* when another player attacked (they already had several jigs up). The attacking player killed the fabbers and the unfinished jig. This triggered the jig (which was say 30% complete) to explode and chain react all the others. I'm fairly sure an unfinished structure should blow up like this?

Hope that helps!

Rob
  13. souleater205

souleater205 New Member

Please add a giant factory and add huge robots in, but they take a really long time to build
    badfucatus likes this.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

2 random crashes while playing within 1 hour or so:
    here I was playing on the Nürnburgring map with Gandalfs racing mod. Maybe @reptarking can link that map.
    http://crashes.uberent.com/report/index/d7874e8b-0e3f-42f3-82e3-276be2150211
    It states something about area build. I might have in fact done something with that right before it crashed, trying to place something via area build on the edge of the planet.

http://crashes.uberent.com/report/index/661fdbc5-ab7a-49db-b022-899db2150211
    This one is weird. It happened while watching a replay, all I was doing was move the camera around. Totally random it crashed, for a while the PA window didnt react at all then it closed. No idea why it says out of memory. After PA closed I had ~12GB of free memory.
  15. wondible

wondible Post Master General

So far I'm 100% crashing when area building the turret in Rainbow Racers. OS X & Windows; first noticed it in PTE, but it happens in stable as well.
    cola_colin likes this.
  16. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

hmmmmm i think the turret has no area build specs that might be why....
    wondible likes this.
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm finding that sometimes when I've disabled the visual overlay aid a few times it won't always re-enable, even if I reload the UI. I haven't had this problem with the enable/disable UI function. The only way to fix it is exit the game and restart,

Key combinations in use would be debug cam, enable/disable UI, enable/disable visual overlay aid, and WSAD for movement in debug cam mode. I also was hopping in and out of settings, adjusting camera key movement speeds. All this work was in replays.
  18. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

It shows how much metal you tried to spend.
    wondible and cola_colin like this.
  19. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Orly? :D Might I ask you to provide a bit more detail, specifically in relation to what I am working on at the moment, which I have posted about here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/fair-equidistant-metal-distribution-and-spawns.67907/

Basically I'm trying to calculate equidistant points on the surface of a sphere (planet), which can be used for fair spawns (equidistant from each other, yay) and also for metal spots. I believe these two things contribute greatly to how fair a map is, particularly for FFA games.