Host Rage Quitting

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by BlueZebra, August 13, 2010.

1. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

It's probably the most annoying thing because whenenver they do, half the team gets split, or we don't even get the win/money because we lagged out.

I would like to know how the game decides who should be host and why is it so difficult to find a host and keep the players on the same team. =/

Maybe a penalty for quitting would help. Whenever you quit two-three times in a row, you have to wait 5 minutes, then 10, 15, 30, 60 etc. Hopefully it's possible to implement the same penalty to players who dashboard when they lose.
  2. Gomahetsuha

Gomahetsuha New Member

The time penalty is just impossible for this game. You probably think of World of Warcraft for that but in wow when you have a pvp penalty, you can still play the game and do lots of stuff.

In MNC you'll have to buy a card game and wait...

A score / money penalty doesn't mean anything eather as it's just useless. Once you have unlocked a title you like you just won't pay for others except if you're a MNC addict.

I don't see any good solution to fight against rage quitting for this game except one, the game itself. Each game is pretty quick, between 3 and 15 min, it's not that long to wait until you lose and surprisingly, I think most players don't mind to continue to play and try to change the situation to their advantage.
  3. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

If uber can fix the host migration to work often that should do wonders, but it would also be nice if some basic stats could be saved if the host does quit, it's a pain when you are having a grean run or find bacon to have the host quit and lose that last 10 minutes of progress and protags, some of them hard to earn.
  4. Someone9999

Someone9999 New Member

I don't think their should be a penalty, because some players like me have such bad connections to over half the games we join that we would wait 30+ minutes to join a game where you can actully shoot somebody.

Fixed host migration in the game AND lobbies would be nice tho.
  5. SYN Reaper55729

SYN Reaper55729 New Member

There needs to be a significant penalty for the host quitting. I'm tired of going into games, getting loads of cash and having fun, and the host quitting.
  6. Fashakakani

Fashakakani New Member

Just something I noticed but... When joining a game, the lobby seems to pick the first person it sees as host (terrible or not), but if that host leaves mid game, and the host migration works, it seems to always pick a better host. This has happened the last 3 times host has left, game would be laggy, host quits, host migrates, bam. game suddenly starts working. is there a way to make it so it just picks the better host from the get-go?
  7. LuNatic

LuNatic New Member

Give us dedicated servers - that will fix the issue completely.