Host Migration

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by MatthewMk2, August 12, 2010.

1. MatthewMk2

MatthewMk2 New Member

Host Migration, Every game should have it. But most games don't. Including MNC. Please Uber, could you add Host Migration?

Edit: Never mind. According to Ubers twitter there is host migration during matches, just not in the lobby. Thats not so bad.
    Last edited: August 12, 2010
  2. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

they have host migration you just haven't experienced it yet. I have and it bites
  3. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Host migration is in but it has some teething troubles right now, it will either take 2 minutes to migrate or it will fail 80% of the time for myself and some others, otherwise it does it's job better then not having it at all :)

You can also join in progress, so glad about that one with all the ragequitters lately.
  4. Ian

Ian New Member

Yeah, this is proving to be problematic. I've had to migrate host 6 or 7 times so far, and it failed every time except for once, where it took over 60 seconds to migrate :shock:
  5. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love host migration in the pre-game lobby! Those kind of lobbies only work great if you can stay in them. But when I play with L3G1T ll SK1LLZ and Devorax, we mop the floor with the other team (simply because they're awesome and the other team hasn't had much experience playing). So at the end of the game the entire other team quits and, more often than not, the host is one of them. Then we have to spend a few minutes getting back into a party and searching for another game. The whole idea of your style of lobby is the fact that you can play continuously with a map rotation without having to search for a new game everytime. However, I end up having to do that quite often anyway cuz the host quits.

So I would be eternally grateful if you guys could somehow work host migration into the lobby! :mrgreen:
  6. joshdale

joshdale New Member

MNC has Host Migration.
  7. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Read the OP
  8. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

aaah oh snap I just had the best game ever, uber streak and +100 bonus per kill, no deaths, I was beasting on grenade III and then just before it's all over host migration... fails D:

I usually don't mind that now and again but when I was doing oh so well and would have earned some rare protags it fails, I want to swear :(

*edit* I had like 5 ring outs using the map placed bombs too, it was so good.
  9. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I feel for you dude. I had a heart-sinker last night. I was 24-0 as a Sniper and got rushed by a Support, Gunner, and Assault. Didn't get any of them before I was "pwned". It wasn't due to failed host migration, but it was a dissapointing time indeed. I went on to go 55-4 later so that kinda made up for it. :)
  10. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Guys, relax a bit. The Unreal Engine does not natively have host migration so they had to build it from the ground up. So cut em some slack since the game just came out.
  11. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

*in the whiniest, screechiest, most annoying voice possible* buuuuuut I want it in the lobby NOOOOOWWW!!! ;)
  12. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Host migration is a must with rage quitters :roll:

Needless to say, the game does have it. Unfortunately all 4 attempts yesterday to migrate host failed and kicked me to the menu screen.

That being said, hopefully once Uber has gathered enough netcode testing from players, they can improve it.
  13. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Oh i'm happy that it's there and joining in progress as I have said before it's just a little upsetting to lose a great match like that because the host was too hot under the collar :lol: