Hornet range problem

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by LmalukoBR, October 11, 2015.

1. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I don't know if im doing this wrong but my Hornets do the most infuriating thing.

They can outrange the air tower defenses, but when i give an attack move order they move within range and get shot down. Instead of firing everything from maximum range then move forward (like all the other units) they move closer to the towers and get shot down, so if i want to use them i have to do it manualy for each freaking tower.
  2. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

It's the same kind of issue that affects most units of significant range; shellers, grenadiers, blue-hawks, stingrays, they all have a tendency to move further forward than necessary, often resulting in their demise
    ndm250, tunsel11 and mot9001 like this.
  3. huangth

huangth Active Member

How about select them and order an attack move outside the enemy weapon range?
    Just don't select them with other short range units?
    LmalukoBR likes this.
  4. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I'll try that, but still, I shouldn't have to, it adds another layer of micromanagement due to a faulty mechanic.

Anyone knows if the devs are aware of this?
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Yea i agree this must finally be solved. Too many units have become useless.
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

In current situation, the best solution is only use mouse right click to provide a move order.
    Then the units can stay outside the enemy range.

Only use attack order when you want to charge at the enemy.
    And remember to deselect the long range units first.
    n00n likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Just a thought, but what is the vision range of the hornet? I'm wondering if the hornet is moving to get the turret into its own vision radius, rather than weapon range resulting in this odd behaviour?
  8. n00n

n00n Active Member

200. So, no.
    cdrkf likes this.