Hide units on other planets

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by radmoustic, August 15, 2014.

1. radmoustic

radmoustic New Member

We can see all the units on other planets in background, and I think it slows the fps down a lot while it does not bring much. Could you add an option to hide them ? or display them as sprite or very low poly models.
    Twinstar and ef32 like this.
  2. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Doubt it slows it down much actually.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

^-^' you are quite the naïve one.

of course people with top hardware like me will want it the way it is because it's the tits, but I see it as perfectly reasonable to have and LOD draw distance option added to PA for those with lower specs and I believe that is the plan for UBER.
    vrishnak92 likes this.
  4. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Its definitely not the cause. You want to avoid slowdowns? tell people to not use AOE patrol and like wise yourself.

That one command can kill your performance by up to 75-90%.

The game cannot handle units moving on their own like that in 1000 different directions. I wish there was an option to turn AOE patrolling off in multiplayer games.

Your wanna win ? just use that with as many units as possible and lag everyone out. :p
  5. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

As a person with laptop, I'd support any option to remove eye candy in favor of performance.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Area patrol slows down the sim, it doesn't hurt client side performance.
    vrishnak92 and squishypon3 like this.
  7. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

There's not any real point in offscreen or even offplanet rendering of units. I could understand static building models but units is just using extra power.