Hexagon formations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ace902902, August 21, 2014.

1. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

The current formation is a square, and considering we are on a sphere, I believe that a hexagon formation would help a lot with the tessellation of units, the formation breaking up. its nothing major, but as polish proceeds, i would like to see this as an option. to have it work with all units facing their turrets outwards of the formation would be great too, as it would increase responsiveness to attack. Just a suggestion.
  2. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

i like this idea!
    kjotak109 likes this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

We need better formations in general.

With this build especially, dox are multiple times more efficient when grouped up in a ball of death. It's too hard to continue grouping them together with an awkward assist command.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  4. martenbe

martenbe New Member

It would be nice, if there was a way to make your own formations.
    A formation editor of some sort. This way, the possibilities would be infinite :)
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I believe some players are using mods for formations right? (im not but i've seen it being used i think)
  6. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

You can change formation/unit spacing along with tweaking behavior. However you can't change the shape, and anything you do change will need to be applied as a server mod.
    squishypon3 likes this.