Here's where I rage about pubstomping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by goathax, February 27, 2011.

1. goathax

goathax New Member

Stop it. You are actively subtracting value from the game and making new players quit in frustration and experienced players lose patience with the new ones and ******* everybody hates you and you're not proving your skill at all.

Random up or you are less than trash.

Love, goathax
  2. zanarias

zanarias Member

Okay, but only if you promise to not play on the same side as your friends ever again.

EDIT: If you don't have any this offer is void.
    Last edited: February 27, 2011
  3. Uncle_Coord

Uncle_Coord New Member

What is this...

I dont even?
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

Some of us like to play with our friends. Sorry if we're better than you.
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Some of us enjoy stomping/being stomped on and talking smack to our friends. Sorry if you can't handle the challenge. ;)
  6. goathax

goathax New Member

Actually I slapped the hell out of the team that prompted this. They were your typical face-grappling garbage assassins. But when the rest of your team is in single digits and low 10s (because the other team effectively dumped them all there,) there's only so much carrying that can be done. It's just really low-class.
    I implied* I random up. And I do. It's fun to play against friends, too!
    fixed!
    Last edited: February 27, 2011
  7. Runie

Runie New Member

Oh it's on now son.
  8. zanarias

zanarias Member

Actually you didn't say you randomed up. Read your post again.

It's fun to play against friends, but I find it more fun to play with them, so I do. We don't have to be penalized for playing more frequently than other players.
  9. eternal

eternal New Member

And if YOU'LL re-read the post you'll see that it also has not been edited either so he didn't just go back and change his post either. :roll:

He didn't have to say HE randomed up, because otherwise he is implying himself that he is trash.
  10. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Why should good players be forced to play according to your belief of what fair teams are?

Instead, it would be easier for you to not be bad and completely crush them.
  11. goathax

goathax New Member

I've got a friend who's a really good Assault. I usually play Support or Assassin. It's way more fun to play against him, knowing he's usually going to be the only person who knows how to stop me if I go assassin.

(I'm not bragging. I'm not all that great at it. But I know what I'm doing, and that's like 90% of this game.)

If we teamed up all the time, most matches would be over in like 3-5 minutes. There's no suspense over whether we win or lose. There's no great stories or conflicts. And a team full of noobs feels totally helpless in response. I don't see the fun in that. (And it's sure as hell not fun to be caught on the other side.)
  12. Infininja

Infininja New Member

I don't have any fun playing against friends. In fact, I actively dislike it. I will continue to team up with them.
  13. eternal

eternal New Member

Why should new players be forced to play according to what you believe is fun?

See, that argument can be used both ways and neither way really flies as a legitimate argument.
  14. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Everyone here was new at some point. Everyone here has been stomped on in a game or 10 (at least).

The posters here are still playing. The new players that quit because of a stomp were going to quit anyway.
  15. eternal

eternal New Member

So your reasoning why those players should have a bad experience for your enjoyment is because you had a bad experience for other peoples enjoyment?

My parents hit me, so I'm going to hit my kids. only fair right?
  16. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

If nobody completely dominates you you are never going to see ways to get better. If you want to get better you have to do so by getting beaten by people who are better, and play them over and over until you can beat them.

Also, I'm an above average player. Not claiming to be the best, but I'm not the 3 assassins on every team who get like 2 kills and 20 deaths. Why should I submit myself to a team like that, when I could be playing with my friend and know that I don't have to put on my A game just to hold a lane because half my team has 0 botkills and a kdr of .05?
  17. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

What are you rambling about?

It is allowed in the game that teams can be wrecked in 2 minutes if there is sufficient skill differential.

Sugar coating the gameplay by farming kills and artificially extending games isn't going to help someone feel less stomped on.
  18. eternal

eternal New Member

Actually that is not true. Playing against players who are significantly better than you does very little to improve your game. I've played Quake 3 at a professional level, and played many of the best players around (my clan used to scrim cK. which was fatal1ty's clan at the time.) granted this was long ago and I didn't keep up my practice but the basic understanding of how players think and what is important to improve yourself are things you don't forget as easily as your aiming skills and situational awareness.

Playing against players SIGNIFICANTLY better than you will only help if they also give you some pointers. Because if the skill difference is that much, they simply understand the game in a much better way than you, and if you don't understand what is happening you can't hope to learn from it.

There are 2 good ways to improve your play

1. get a mentor, someone much better than you who is patient enough to play with you regularly and give out pointers.

2. Regularly play against people better than you but close enough to your skill level to allow you to pick up on their habits. Playing against the guy who kills you 50 times for every 1 time you kill him isn't doing you any good. Playing against the guy who is killing you 3-4times for every 1 time you kill him is going to give you enough room to improve, and give you a more obtainable goal. Its better to set lets of small obtainable goals than 1 big unobtainable goal.
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

One good thing about a significant skill difference is that it'll unveil brick walls, the better player will simply continue to do that one thing that you don't seem to grasp until you learn to counter it, allowing you to improve one aspect at a time.

On a sidenote: We thought about mentoring projects but figured it'd be a waste of time trying to find people that are actually in it to win it.
  20. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

1. I gain absolutely no enjoyment from watching my utterly worthless team make me lose.

2. I like playing with a friend or two as we have played stuff together for ages and we work well together, I know what they will do and they I, we have excellent team work and I like using it.

Effectively demanding I, because there are a lot of people are terrible gimp myself with people who're terrible like it's my damn fault is annoying, stop it.

I am not responsible for others failings, nor their inability to have fun.
    That's their responsibility.