Helpful Images by BradBurning

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradburning, October 16, 2013.

1. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Hey planet smashers

So I will be making a different helpful images which I will be posting them here as I put them up.

First up ecom image, this image includes all factories, resource generation, fabs and more.

[​IMG]
    Full image: http://i.imgur.com/VlpIcfP.jpg
    Some of my thoughts and why I made it are on my Blog: http://wp.me/p3ZTEL-n

Next up I am making a hotkeys image.

Got feedback or maybe made your own helpful image, post it below. :)
    Last edited: October 16, 2013
  2. mrgnome

mrgnome New Member

Good work so far. Maybe you could make a dynamic image for now because the values might change by the time of the release.
  3. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

The energy storage picture is incorrect and the listed storage value is much too low. I believe its something like 100k energy.
  4. bradburning

Face pam its a copy of the metal storage looking to fix it now. FIXED

@mrgnome I have it saved as a PSD I can change it nice and easy.
    Last edited: October 16, 2013
  5. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Put white stroke on the text so it is easy to read. Otherwise - great job, looking forward to more.
  6. bradburning

Thanks yeah been playing around with ways to make it easier to read that I am happy with.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Love it.

My only criticism is that your 'x for y' terminology keeps making me think of cricket ;)

But that's hardly much of a criticism :p
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

That image needs more contrast between the background and text so it is easier to read.

Handy though.
  9. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

Shouldn't "Numbers in yellow is energy" be "Number in yellow are energy"? I don't know the proper grammar, I learned English by listening to people, and that sounds better to me. Anyone know exactly?
  10. bradburning

It should be "Numbers in yellow are energy" you forgot to make numbers plural. I will fix it with the next revision if I remember for now its clear enough.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

What's your original language?
  12. bradburning

Lets not get in to that......

Ok English is my one and only language, but I was tired when I got to it and it was missed by my mates who proof read it.... apparently.
  13. stormingkiwi

I wasn't asking you, I was asking the guy I quoted. Because I know of many European languages which do the same thing, so I was hoping to explain in that language.
  14. bradburning

15. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

Russian, but I'd say English is dominant. Not only do I structure my thoughts in English when I speak to my parents, but my vocabulary is far slanted towards English. I stopped developing Russian after I was ten, I'm 20 now.
    The only progress I have is from daily conversations with my parents, and those are pretty much static with little deviation(How was your day?). Although I do listen to lots of Russian music.

The problem here is that I never put effort into learning grammar in grades 6-8. What I know now is the product of grammar Nazi's on the internet.

Now that I come back to this and see that "Numbers" is plural, I am more confident in "are" being right.
  16. stormingkiwi

ahhhh..... I see. My experience with German/French/Italian/Spanish was that speakers of those languages were very exact about verb subject agreement a lot of the time. Hence the question :)

@bradburning
    No worries :) Sorry if I sounded scratchy. I did mean it in nicest possible way.

Hey I was wondering if you knew where to find the numbers behind the economy? I mean All the numbers. The build times when you are in deficit etc. Are there formula in the game files?

I want to know all about it
  17. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

The grid of numbers may be a bit easier to refer to than the spreadsheet due to the colour coding and more rectangular shape. I think it would be a more informative graphic with a plot of some sort comparing efficiency. Be careful not to be misleading, for example it turns out that you should assist T2 factories.

A hotkeys image sounds useful.
    bradburning likes this.