Helpful feature for quickly locating commanders

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by arm2thecore, July 29, 2014.

1. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Got to thinking that it would really help out casters and watchers of replays if you could double-click on a player's name in the player panel in the upper left and it'll zoom you straight to their commander. I've watched replays before where I had to zoom around all the planets in order to find everyone, which I thought was a bit cumbersome.

This could be a handy feature for players, too- double-clicking your opponent could take you to the spot where visual contact was made last. If no visual contact was ever made, nothing would happen.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I'm pretty sure that if you click on the commander icon, it snaps the camera to the last known location of that commander.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

if the commander is not found it will snap to the most recent location of that enemy. Like a scout plane, for example.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

there's a mod for that.
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

It is weird that you can not click on your allies icon to see their location.
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Isn't that part of the notification UI? That means that it would just be there for a short time--not quite what we're looking for.
  7. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

confirmed