Help?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by bradkill, March 21, 2016.

1. bradkill

bradkill Member

So, I'm seeing these youtubers having 32 players in a game, and yet I can only put 10?!
    WTF, How do I get 18 that way I can put a 3v3v3v3v3v3 Why that? Well, I want 3 teams of 3 on each of the 2 spawn planets.
    I think that would be rather fun, Concidering the way I highly stress having orbital just on the map layout - The spawn planets each only have 35 metal on both sliders, while there small asteroid-sized moons have 100 on both sliders
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

If you are talking about these:

That was back when uber had the moneyz to afford stronger servers more often (This game was also personally hosted by @mikehy2 who has stopped hosting for a while.)
    Like prev. mentioned uber's servers can't handle 30 man atm just due to lack of people/funding.It also doesn't help when the community implodes/ devolves into forum wars over stupid things like shields or do units have any passion put into them IE really stupid things.

If you want your 30 man games, tell your friends about this game and don't be a douche. The only way PA will grow is with a friendly community and not a bunch of self righteous pricks.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Someone has to create and pay for a custom server, and then use mods to allow larger players in the lobby.
    stuart98, Nicb1 and g0hstreaper like this.
  4. bradkill

bradkill Member

Aww man. Its payed. DANG YOU UBER
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Seriously you should learn about computers...

People need to pay because the hampsters running the computer gears need food. It's not cheap either. Each hampster requires 40 pellets per day which accounts to quite a sum of money.

Also, the hampsters' drivers need constant updating.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Uber's servers have never been able to handle 30 players well; there has only been one one week period back in November 2013 in which 30 player games were hosted on Uber's servers (and that was an exploit that Uber patched once someone tried hosting a 100 player game). The servers handled it okay, but they were also juggling several other games and it sucked to be in other games on an Uber server that was handling a 30 player game. Since then, all 30 player games have been hosted on servers bought and paid for by community members; if you have the PAStats mod turned on you can see a few of these servers, such as Maurice.
    Nicb1 and g0hstreaper like this.
  7. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Truth right here. If you don't constantly update your hamsters' drivers, then they'll have no motivation to perform their required tasks. It's the biggest reason why everyone tells you to update your drivers for every issue.

Also, Adobe Reader is your number 1 source for miracle working. It'll revive your hamsters when they stop working (this is also known as the dreaded "'something'.exe has stopped working" message). With Adobe Reader, you won't have to worry about that anymore.
    (because computer safety is number one priority) -> and I say that as sincerely as possible.
    elodea, stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

That is cancer. You are bad and you should feel bad.
  9. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

being nice and friendly to the new player I see.
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  10. bradkill

bradkill Member

Dude seriusly - I just want an orbital titan war in it...
    Like, the map is literally designed to tell the player "If you dont get orbital earlier than usuall, you will be at a disadvantage"
  11. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Any system with a single gas giant or non spawn planet dose exactly that.

There is no need for more than ~6 planets.

It's more important to design the system well with game ending options, and short travel time between planets.
    A good example is the PAX system.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  12. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

How many players was TA back in 1997? 4? 8? I can't even remember.

Lets say it was 4 on release.
    We're now allowed 10 players 20 years later.

That means we'll be up to 30 players by the turn of the century.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

They unlocked 10 players for TA about a year after it's initial release.

TA:Spring upped this to 16 players in around 2004, although that engine *technically* supports quite a lot more than that (up to 64 I believe). Spring normally limits lobbies to 16 though as getting larger games going is, well a real pain in the backside given how annoying, inattentive, unhelpful and outright idiotic us humans tend to be :p

PA doesn't appear to have a hard coded player limit which is nice, we've certainly had 40 player games already with private servers. I can't see Uber allowing it though any time soon (if ever).