1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

So I have been playing as gunner a lot recently. I noticed that early in the game, I easily get out gunned by an assault player. I am running Armor/RoF/Acc, and I still die really quickly. This afternoon I am going to try a different setup for gunner, and I am also going to try tank and sniper as well.

Gunner:
    Acc, RoF, Armor
    Armor, RoF, Speed

For tank I am going to try:
    Armor, RoF, Health Regen

For sniper:
    Armor, RoF, Skill Regen
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

One thing I have noticed is that I seem to be able to put up bigger numbers as Assault than I ever did when I played Gunner. Try it sometime. Takes a little getting used to though.

Don't run Speed endorsements. They drop from bots and pros you kill. Clip size helps a lot in the bronze slot for a Gunner.

IMO, skill recovery is a great endorsement for bronze on your Tank.
  3. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I know that when I used to play as assault that I could very easily hold off a group of 3+ enemies with a combo of Grenade launcher, sticky grenades, and charge grapples. The problem with the gunner is that he really doesn't have any secondary weapons like stickies, freeze, or flack. When the gunner gets over run, he really doesn't have much of a chance to survive because he is big and slow.
  4. GhostRain

GhostRain New Member

Hmm I would say to out gun an assault or any other class, that is as long as you have the first shot. run this build for your gunner.

Gold/R0F
    Silver/Critical
    Bronze/Accuracy

This will turn your mini into a purple super soaker. If you wanted you could put bronze reload speed. But really your gonna take damage in a firefight and reloading is usually when your in a safe spot recovering your slow health regeneration.

Why no Ammo clip endorsement? Whats the point of having all that ammo if you can't kill em. My philosophy with gunner the less bullets it takes to kill em the better.

Try this build it takes getting used to. Because you will die. But not after taking 3 of em down with ya.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Don't use gold RoF on the gunner, it only benefits the mortar compared to silver.

Anyways, early game, the minigun is crap. Make sure you don't upgrade anything besides the passive skill at the start.

If you really are looking to be a good gunner, being able to fly, aim and shoot is a must.
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

try deploying. just know the area and dont be an idiot about how/where you do it. i do just fine taking deploy/passive at the start of the game and running armor/crit/acc.
  7. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I just got offline after playing several rounds as gunner with Acc/Armor/RoF. I did really well. I got about 5 deaths with around 10 to 15 kills each game, plus I took out tons of bots. One thing I also figured out was that your mortar can shoot really far. Some of the time I just stayed in my base and fired mortars at the other team's bot spawn. It was HILARIOUS. Then I got tired of that and I got in the little passageway on Spunky and just unloaded into the enemy base. After getting 10 kills or so there, I pushed their bots back again. The only thing that kills me is a good sniper. Otherwise I am deployed in a good spot pushing them back, running forward, deploying again......

As tank, I did decently. I ran Armor/RoF/can't remember. I took out hundreds of bots, and that charge move is SWEET! The death blossom works excellently as well. I have a hard time taking down other pros because I am not that great of a shot with the rail gun.

I still cannot master sniper. I get tons of assists, but very little kills. The whole aim, zoom, fire thing is really new to me. I tried all sorts of different endorsement combos, but none of them were good. Gold ROF for the sniper is amazing though, lol. It shoots really, really fast when compared to default.