Help with old mod, possible actual terrain shaping?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by escalate, March 18, 2016.

1. escalate

escalate New Member

so I know there are still some lurkers on the forums, I have a few questions and a few hours today to respond and fix this issue, teamspeak is an option.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-directedit-0-5-0.67763/

I recently got this installed, its working but I cant seem to do anything with it, besides basic editing of a planet like I already could such as size metal etc.

so my question is can I add more brushes somehow?

also as a bonus question, is there a mod or is it possible to shape terrain yourself?
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

You should be having an extra window in the system editor with that you can read the planets and write your changes.

Basically your workflow should be like. Create a planet -> remove the unnecessary stuff -> put in the brushes -> get out of the csg editor and then in the separate window select the planet and press read.

It reads the planet info and then you can remove brushes or change property's of brushes. After that you press write so that directedit writes the changes and then you should see the changes when you've rendered it. Now it sometimes has it quirks but you'll simply need to experiment can't get into much detail ATM.

There isn't terrain shaping but you can widen rivers by using subtractive brushes.
    escalate likes this.
  3. escalate

escalate New Member

I'll give it a whirl when I get back, just for clarifications, because I've seen some posts with people who just have like a floating box planet and such, or a ring around their planet, are there options for this?
  4. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

If you can download a map pack from pamm with these type of planets you could look at the CGS they used to create the feature your interested to help see how they did it.

Also the maps are saved in a text file so you can edit cgs directly if you know what your doing.