Help Needed

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by bob209303, August 6, 2015.

1. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Hi everybody. I'm kind of into PA modding but I'm still a mega noob. I'd like to know how to do some things. I already know how to modify units. What I really want to learn is how to modify which units you can build,and how to make a new unit or building.
    Thanks in advance:)
  2. startege1

startege1 Active Member

sorry: topic misconduct

Hi,

In the build.js you can adjust what you can build units in the game.

Path: ui / main / shared / js / build.js

For a factory you need a new factory (you can copy the Bot fabrick example) in had to you in the Unitlist.json and in the Register build.js. Now you had a new factory but it is still the default units built. In order to build other units in the factory you have to type in "buildable_typs" Custom1 or 2,3,4,5. In the gewünscheten unit you need to write in with "units_typs" Custom1 or 2,3,4,5. (look at the other things where there already are).

In the build.js you choose from where your units are. (in Bot, Vehicle, air, sea, factory ...)

If you want a new section then you have in the "live_game_build_bar.js" a new section insert.
    In line 47 and 60 you have to insert the name of the new section. Mach's just like the others.

sorry for the bad English

Yours Sincerely

Startege1

In German:

Hi,

In der build.js kannst du einstellen welche einheiten man im spiels bauen kann.

pfad: ui/main/shared/js/build.js

Für eine Fabrik brauchst du eine neue fabrik (du kannst die Bot fabrick beispiel kopieren) in die musste du in der Unitlist.json und in der build.js eintragen. Jetzt hättest du eine neue Fabrik aber es wird noch die standard einheiten gebaut. Um in der Fabrik andere einheiten bauen zu können musst du bei "buildable_typs" Custom1 oder 2,3,4,5 eingeben. In der gewünscheten Einheit musst du bei "units_typs" Custom1 oder 2,3,4,5 reinschreiben. (schau die anderen sachen an wo schon da stehen).

In der build.js wählst du aus wo deine Einheiten stehen. (in der Bot, Vehicle, air, sea, ... fabrik)

Wenn du eine neue section willst dann musst du in der "live_game_build_bar.js" eine neue section einfügen.
    In zeile 47 und 60 musst du den namen der neuen section einfügen. machs genauso wie die anderen auch.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen

Startege1
    bob209303 likes this.
  3. startege1

startege1 Active Member

4. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Thanks so much I figured out how to adjust what units you can build, but I have one problem when I tried to add a new unit to the build.js it did not show up in the bot factory when I tested it.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

You need build.js for the UI, and a match between buildable_types and unit_types. Syntax is very picky, so run your unit files through a JSON validator (there are several that run from the web) if you run into any trouble.

Another trick is to run a local server from a command console and watch the output for errors. Start the server and then start a local game in the client, it should connect to your existing server.

p.s. the Custom types only go 1-4, not 1-5.
    bob209303 likes this.
  6. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Cool so I tested,and now the new unit shows up but has no build icon. Is there a way to change its build icon?
  7. startege1

startege1 Active Member

add an image as a name with your unit or the name of the file

media\ui\main\game\live_game\img\build_bar\units
  8. startege1

startege1 Active Member

icons strategic needs in the client mod

this is the path

Media \ ui \ main \ Atlas \ icon_atlas \ img \ strategic_icons
  9. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Thanks so much everybody that helped now I now how to make new units.:)